It is currently 03/28/24 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 33 posts ]
 Post subject: Re: Game of Thrones
PostPosted: 08/31/16 1:16 pm • # 26 
Editorialist

Not worried at all about cheering on the gruesome death of a character we were *supposed* to despise. After all the torturing the Bolton family has done? A flayed man as their symbol? Fed his stepmom and newborn baby brother (among others) to those dogs, so it was quite fitting. lol

As for Cersei and her mass murder, that character has been thirsty for absolute power from the start but for every move she makes there's always a price to pay that she didn't anticipate. Condoned Geoffrey being an evil little creep so she could be the power behind the throne? Plan backfired. Tried again with Tommen but he started drinking the Sparrow kool-aid? BOOM goes the sparrow, but splat goes Tommen. Oops.

Now Khaleesi and her dragons are on the way and Cersei just used up ALL the dragon fire in storage, didn't she? And I'm thinking that her zombie-making minion has a hunger for power all his own that she's blind to.

PostPosted: 08/31/16 3:41 pm • # 27 
Editorialist

Yeah.

But didn't you kind of cheer her when she made the sparrow go BOOM?

And doesn't cheering when Ramsey got chomped make us just a little bit like Ramsey?

But I cheered. I'll admit that!

PostPosted: 08/31/16 5:42 pm • # 28 
CM - We don't talk nearly enough Tv on this board for my taste, but I will take anything.

I think Jamie will kill Cersei. I didn't feel bad cheering on Ramsey Boltons death. This is a fantasy series.

Now if you haven't watched it yet; The Night of is excellent. HBO. Eight part series. Just ended.

PostPosted: 09/02/16 8:11 am • # 29 
Editorialist

Of course I cheered!

I cheered when Geoffrey was dying. I cheered when Viserys got his golden crown. I cheered when Tyrion killed Tywin "on the throne". lol It's enjoyable to see evil characters pay for being evil. lol

And I was heartsick about the Red Wedding. Shireen being betrayed by her father. HODOR!!! Ned's head!

PostPosted: 09/10/16 7:11 am • # 30 
Editorialist

Apparently there are only two more seasons to go ......

PostPosted: 03/27/17 8:43 pm • # 31 
Editorialist

It's coming back in July.

I want Bran to warg out as a dragon. That would be cool. And I want Tyrion to be a second dragon rider, since he tried to be nice to the dragons. And right afterwards Varys can punch him in the face for another dangerous idea.

Fire and Blood!

PostPosted: 04/07/17 2:56 pm • # 32 
Editorialist

green apple tree wrote:
It's coming back in July.

I want Bran to warg out as a dragon. That would be cool. And I want Tyrion to be a second dragon rider, since he tried to be nice to the dragons. And right afterwards Varys can punch him in the face for another dangerous idea.

Fire and Blood!

Varys steals every scene he's in. :lol

PostPosted: 05/21/19 2:01 pm • # 33 
Editorialist

Okay, we all know season 8 had it's flaws. Especially the dialogue and how rushed it was. Maybe it was just that the first few seasons set the bar so high, maybe it was the lack of source material from Martin.

Lots of plot threads just got...dropped.

But I can live with how it all wrapped up. Dany had to go. lol

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 33 posts ] New Topic Add Reply