It is currently 03/28/24 11:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Transparent
PostPosted: 08/03/15 5:31 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Has anyone else seen Season 1 of Transparent? ~ it's a show done for Amazon Prime streaming and stars Jeffrey Tambor and Judith Light ~ it's the story of a VERY dysfunctional family and centers around Tambor, the dad, who is transitioning to being a woman ~ Judith Light is his ex-wife, with whom he still maintains a close relationship ~ there are 3 grown children: Sara, the eldest daughter and a married mom of 2; Josh, the son; and Ally, the youngest daughter ~ each of them has a boatload of issues [most revolving around sex] that they help each other work out ~ Jeffrey Tambor is brilliant in the role, and it's easy to see why he won so many awards for this first season ~

A Facebook friend announced he was in a couple of Season 2 episodes [shooting now] and encouraged me to watch Season 1 first ~ I just finished binge watching Season 1 ~ I have no clue how Ray will fit into the scripts, but I look forward to watching as soon as Season 2 is available ~ it took me a couple of episodes to get into the story, but I highly recommend the series for its excellent acting ~

Sooz

Post subject: Re: Transparent
PostPosted: 08/03/15 9:22 pm • # 2 
Jason's a big fan. I will have to find it somewhere.

PostPosted: 08/04/15 6:22 am • # 3 
Administrator

Kathy, all you need is an Amazon account ~ you join Prime via Amazon ~ and you get 30 days free before you are charged [Prime is $99/year] ~ I don't think you'll find Transparent anywhere else since it's an Amazon production ~ the Prime library includes [literally] thousands of videos, movies, TV shows ~ you can watch for free [which is what I did] or you can buy either an episode or the season to keep ~

Each Transparent episode is @28minutes and there are 10 episodes to the season ~ the acting and the screen chemistry [by the entire cast, but especially Tambor] is really exceptional ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 08/04/15 8:27 am • # 4 
Administrator

I know where I'll be on December 4th! ~ Sooz

Monday, Aug 3, 2015 7:43 PM UTC
Jeffrey Tambor and Jill Soloway tease “Transparent” season 2: “We’re taking the gloves off”
The second season of the acclaimed Amazon show premieres on December 4th.
Anna Silman

At today’s “Transparent” panel at TCA, star Jeffrey Tambor spoke about how he thinks his character, Maura, would react to Caitlyn Jenner’s very public transition.

“I think Maura loves a party,” Tambor said, according to Variety. “I think Maura would be very empathetic or empathic to that. Unlike me — I’m a little shy — I think Maura would welcome people in her closet.”

Tambor added that he and the “Transparent” team have met Jenner and feel very fondly towards her. “We have met Caitlyn, and on a personal level, may I speak, we love Caitlyn,” he said.

Creator Jill Soloway then spoke how the idea for the show came about, describing it as an experience very close to her heart.

“It was very personal. The show was kind of writing itself in my mind, almost immediately after my parent came out,” she said. “I’ve been a TV writer for 10 or 15 years, writing pilots every year and kind of just dreaming about having a show that mattered. I used to go on pitch meetings and say, ‘I want to write something that’s never been written before and write something that’s going to change the world.’”

Panel attendees were also treated to a first look at the season two trailer — which features a lesbian wedding for Amy Landecker’s character, a baby for Kathryn Hahn’s character, and Maura yelling “yasss queen!”– as well as some hints about what is to come when the show returns on December 4th.

According to Soloway, the addition of the show’s first trans woman writer has allowed the writers’ room to increasingly zoom in on Maura’s inner life. “Having a trans woman in the writers’ room has really allowed us to tell the story more from her own place of subjectivity,” Soloway explained.

Citing the country’s increased understanding of transgender issues (“it’s kind of mind-blowing how our culture has caught up”), Soloway added that next season won’t have to focus so much on explaining things to the audience. “We’re taking the gloves off,” she concluded. “Taking the bubble wrap off.”

Salon

PostPosted: 08/04/15 7:18 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Haven't seen it sooz, but would love too. I'm too cheap to pay for "prime", especially now with our income being threatened......

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply