It is currently 03/28/24 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: The Bastard Executioner
PostPosted: 09/16/15 6:33 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Reviews are mixed. I thought it was pretty entertaining, but I like gore and Sutter has earned the right to create as he sees fit after giving the world Sons of Anarchy, so I'll forgive a few unintentionally campy moments and a plot ripoff of Braveheart.

Game of Thrones has pretty much "done" this genre as well as it can be done. But this was still fun to watch.

http://www.slate.com/articles/arts/tele ... rones.html

The Bastard Executioner is monstrously fetid, a mound of gorgonzola stuffed into a dead catfish’s gullet, smoked in sulfur, doused with heavy cream and left to rot for weeks inside a port-o-potty in full sun.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/09/14/ ... lot-review

The two-hour pilot takes a long time setting up the show's true intention -- a man who has laid down the sword in order to become a different man is forced back into that life in a much bloodier way than ever before. But when it does get there, it's a worthy journey of self-preservation and exploration of the human soul. Gratuitously violent at times and bordering on confusing, the pilot is saved by strong acting and interesting juxtapositions that inform all of the characters -- big and small.

PostPosted: 09/16/15 9:06 pm • # 2 
Do you think I'd like it? I may on demand it tomorrow.

I never heard of it.

PostPosted: 09/17/15 7:29 am • # 3 
Editorialist

I really don't know if you'd like it. I don't really know how much *I* like it yet. LOL! But if you can get through the first hour, things do pick up. By the end the plot is established and the title of the series makes sense.

But it does have issues, no doubt. The sets are a little cheesy and the lighting seems "off" to me. Like a student film version of GoT.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply