It is currently 03/28/24 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 21 posts ]
 Post subject: Madam Secretary
PostPosted: 10/05/15 4:22 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

What a season opener! I just love this show.

Last edited by roseanne on 01/15/18 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 10/05/15 5:13 pm • # 2 
Administrator

I do, too, roseanne ~ it is my #1 favorite show this year ~ while the entire cast does excellent work, I still marvel at how absolutely/positively perfect Tea Leone is in her role ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/05/15 5:15 pm • # 3 
Just lost a post. Oh well.

I know sooz likes it too. Never cared for Tea, and I think I just don't like political shows.

After 6 years, I quit The Good Wife. Her hubby is running for president. Too much.

New show.

Liked: Blind Spot, Quantico

So-so: Muppets, Limitless

No-no: a Code Black, Life (something something) with James Brolin and Dianne Weist

PostPosted: 10/05/15 5:16 pm • # 4 
Lol. Sooz snuck in there while I was typing my post.

PostPosted: 10/05/15 5:36 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Yes, I did! ~ :b ~ Kathy, Madame Secretary is anchored in politics but it segues between that and her home/family life almost seamlessly ~ I never liked Tea Leone before this show ~ it's just a perfect fit for her ~

I wasn't impressed with Limitless either, but I'll give it another chance ~ and I'm thinking Code Black is just tooooo graphic for a TV audience ~ haven't seen the others you mentioned ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/05/15 5:49 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Code Black: Haven't seen it yet. will let you know. I love Marsha Gay Harden, but wonder why she is only listed for 4 out of 6 episodes on IMDb, since they highlighted her in the previews. Three with Raza Jaffrey who played "Watson's" love interest on Elementary, but was featured on the previews. This one may have too many characters. Although.....ER did too.

Limitless: Waiting to give it a chance.

Still watching Mr. Robot, although I'm waffling. The quirkiness keeps drawing me back.

Eagerly awaiting Chicago Fire!

Not interested in Blind Spot or Quantico for now. May watch online in reruns after season ends.

Yes, sooz, Tea shines in the show! She's found her footing as a strong actress with the ability to switch modes from tough Secretary of State to Mom and wife at home seamlessly.

PostPosted: 10/05/15 5:55 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

Forgot to say. Thank goodness for the new season of shows! They give me breaks from the packing and I can escape. If I don't do that, my mind is spinning and spinning. lol

Oh! And Big Bang. Tonight's episode was more in keeping with the first several seasons, before they started introducing serious girlfriends and wives as regulars. That period was awkward and not as many laughs as they got a little too serious. I guess the writers had to find a balance in keeping it as funny and child-like with some more "maturity" added. We cackled through the entire episode. They succeeded.

PostPosted: 10/05/15 6:43 pm • # 8 
I was lukewarm on Limitless, the Brad Cooper movie, but I watched for Brad. This show seems a lot like The Mentalist with a pill. The lead does not have Simon Baker's or Brad Cooper's charm.

I think Code Black is too crowded and hard to follow. I will not continue to follow.

I like Blind Spot so far. I didn't watch Quantico last night. I opted for The Affair on Showtime. They had full frontal male nudity with a guest star. I thought it was weird.

PostPosted: 10/05/15 8:49 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Watched about 15 mins. of Code Black. Wayyyy too much busyness in the background, hard to follow dialog and general chaos. Too distracting.

PostPosted: 10/06/15 1:10 pm • # 10 
I like that we are discussing shows.

Roseanne - You had exactly the same impression of Code Black that I had. I like the distraction of the new shows, too.

Jeff had to drive me around today because my fuel pump went bad, and he fussed that I am always watching the same show. Limited, Blindspot. Quantico, Nashville whatever. It's all the same show. A doctor, lawyer, policeman, singer soft spoken who is working from the outside. All the men have facial scruff. He said he doesn't even know how these guys do facial scruff. I told him hair and makeup does it for them.

Jeff HATES Liam Neesom and Kevin Costner. I'm not sure why because they don't actually rate on any boyfriend list of mine, but he hates them. He says they can't act, they are always cast as tough guys and they certainly aren't.

PostPosted: 05/10/16 8:59 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

Last week's episode of Madame Secretary was fantastic!

We actually gave Code Black a second and third chance because it came on when there was nothing else on that interested us. Now we love it. They toned it down enough to be able to get to know the characters.

Post subject: Season 3
PostPosted: 10/03/16 6:45 am • # 12 
Editorialist

Watching the premiere, my thoughts about half-way through were "Oh my, they aren't keeping the momentum". Then, WHAM! They surprised me with the script. I honestly didn't have a clue as to what might happen. Will be an interesting season. :)

PostPosted: 10/03/16 8:49 am • # 13 
Administrator

I loved it too, roseanne ~ altho I confess my first thought was "what a lousy way to end this series" ~ Tia Leone is perfectly cast, the role fits her like a glove ~ :st

Sooz

PostPosted: 10/03/16 9:26 am • # 14 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
I loved it too, roseanne ~ altho I confess my first thought was "what a lousy way to end this series" ~ Tia Leone is perfectly cast, the role fits her like a glove ~ :st

Sooz

Well...............she IS the producer. lol

PostPosted: 10/17/16 7:22 am • # 15 
Editorialist

This show continues to astound and surprise me.

PostPosted: 12/19/16 1:46 pm • # 16 
Editorialist

Very eerie how the show mimics real life right now. In a broad sense, but very close in a lot of areas.

PostPosted: 01/15/18 10:06 am • # 17 
Editorialist

Dang. I just realized my thread title is wrong. Sooz, you may fix it if you want.....to Madam Secretary. (edited to add, never mind. I did it)

Anyway, this week's episode again blew me away with it's relativity to what is going on in the US. The threat of nuclear war, the POTUS off the rails, the consideration of invoking the 25th amendment (won't give too much away in case someone hasn't seen it yet).

I love it!

Post subject: Re: Madam Secretary
PostPosted: 01/15/18 11:01 am • # 18 
Administrator

I fixed the thread title, roseanne ~ when doing so, it's gotta be done on the op and will be reflected on all NEW posts after the edit ~ like this one ~

I was riveted to the TV during last night's episode ~ this is my favorite season in the series so far ~ absolutely/positively perfectly acted, scripted, and mighty relevant to today's politics ~ the producers, writers, and actors have set a VERY high bar for themselves ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/25/18 7:55 am • # 19 
Administrator

YOWZAAA!!! ~ this is a "must see" episode for me! ~ :st ~ Sooz

Clinton, Powell, Albright to guest star in ‘Madam Secretary’
Reuters / 25 Jul 2018 at 06:05 ET

Three former U.S. secretaries of state – Hillary Clinton, Colin Powell and Madeleine Albright – will make guest appearances in October on political television drama “Madam Secretary,” broadcaster CBS said on Tuesday.

The three have already filmed their episode, which involves fictional Secretary of State Elizabeth McCord, played by Tea Leoni, turning to her more experienced peers for advice when the series returns for a fifth season on Oct. 7.

“It was a privilege to experience their perspectives and discourse both in and behind the scenes,” Barbara Hall, creator and executive producer of “Madam Secretary,” said in a statement.

Madam Secretary” portrays McCord’s efforts to balance delicate diplomatic issues as well as personal stories and her family life.

The show launched in 2014, a year after Clinton stepped down from her post at the State Department after four years. In 2015, the Democrat declared she would run for president in 2016 but was defeated by Republican Donald Trump.

Clinton has appeared briefly on entertainment shows as herself, including a cameo on comedy “Broad City” in 2016 and with “Saturday Night Live” doppelganger Kate McKinnon in 2015.

Madeleine Albright, the first female secretary of state, served under Democratic President Bill Clinton. Colin Powell, secretary of state under Republican President George W. Bush, was the first black man to hold the post.

Reporting by Jill Serjeant; editing by Jonathan Oatis

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/07/clinton-powell-albright-guest-star-madam-secretary/

PostPosted: 07/25/18 7:52 pm • # 20 
Editorialist

Wow! Any bets on whether she is going to run for POTUS? (Elizabeth McCord, not Hillary, lol)

Of course they would have to change the name of the show to Madam President. :b

Edited to add: Maybe that is why she is seeking advice from these three powerhouses.

PostPosted: 03/25/19 7:52 am • # 21 
Editorialist

I keep being impressed with the direction this show takes in addressing current issues. Global climate change and the refugees it has created and will create. Immunizations and the danger of so many opting out of them. Good job!

Page 1 of 1   [ 21 posts ] New Topic Add Reply