It is currently 03/28/24 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/14/15 9:33 am • # 1 
Editorialist

If you aren't a horror and gore fan, it's likely you haven't been watching this series anyway. And I think if you *aren't* a horror and gore fan, be warned...this is not the show for you!

Of course, I love it. LOL Let's just say the premiere last week is generating lots of controversy. Again.

I was curious to see what Lady Gaga would bring to the table. ( Is there anything she can't do? Wow!) And even though many of the same cast members are back, I think it's a blast to get to watch them play utterly different characters every season. ( Is there anything Kathy Bates can't do? Wow!)

The set design this season is incredible, IMO.

PostPosted: 10/14/15 1:30 pm • # 2 
Gaga drug me in by the way. I'm not really a horror and gore fan but I also don't mind it. The show is really stylish(art and set design).

The rape scene created the controversy? These are vampires (or something) that eat people.

The men in this show are really, really handsome. Matt Bomer, Wes Bentley and Cheyenne Jackson are all very fine.

I always like Kathy Bates and she really rocked it. A Momma protects her cub.

PostPosted: 10/15/15 7:20 pm • # 3 
First and foremost comment. You don't trade in Matt Bomer for anyone.

This is my first season of AHS, but aren't the episodes very long. Wouldn't they be better off with more shorter episodes?

Don't understand the cop, Wes Bentley. At all. He's seen his dead son. His daughter's seen his dead son. No real action on it.

I don't totally get the story but I don't think we are supposed to. It's arty. I understood Kathy's tale which was good. I think Gaga was the evil hotelier's wife. I think its based on real life serial killer H H Holmes. Leonardo DaCaprio is playing his in an upcoming feature film. too.

PostPosted: 10/16/15 9:31 am • # 4 
Editorialist

You don't trade in Matt Bomer for anyone.

LMAO!!! I know! I knew he was in trouble when he wanted to stay home and watch TV.

I like the longer format. Makes it more of a miniseries, which fits with the new theme of every season.

I sort of get Wes the cop. We didn't learn until this episode that his son was dead and not just missing. So it makes sense that he wouldn't believe he was *really* seeing his son in the middle of the night. His daughter mentioned that she sees her brother in her dreams. So when she comes home saying she saw him...he's yelling that it can't be. As a cop, he deals in facts. Detached. Methodical. Those skills aren't much help when there's ghosts in the shower.

Yup, H. H. Holmes woven in. A nod to "Seven" with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt. The carpet pattern right out of "The Shining". A touch of "Sweeney Todd" with the laundry shoots. LOL

PostPosted: 10/16/15 9:31 am • # 5 
Editorialist

You don't trade in Matt Bomer for anyone.

LMAO!!! I know! I knew he was in trouble when he wanted to stay home and watch TV.

I like the longer format. Makes it more of a miniseries, which fits with the new theme of every season.

I sort of get Wes the cop. We didn't learn until this episode that his son was dead and not just missing. So it makes sense that he wouldn't believe he was *really* seeing his son in the middle of the night. His daughter mentioned that she sees her brother in her dreams. So when she comes home saying she saw him...he's yelling that it can't be. As a cop, he deals in facts. Detached. Methodical. Those skills aren't much help when there's ghosts in the shower.

Yup, H. H. Holmes woven in. A nod to "Seven" with Morgan Freeman and Brad Pitt. The carpet pattern right out of "The Shining". A touch of "Sweeney Todd" with the laundry shoots. LOL

PostPosted: 10/16/15 9:56 am • # 6 
I started a H H Holmes thread up in news, because I never heard of him and I wonder why. His horror hotel was pretty awful. I think he had laundry shoots to death in the original. And gas chambers etc. Holmes was a major sick puppy. He didn't kill himself like the AHS hotelier (forgot his name).

Well, I'm in for the season. LOL!!!

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply