It is currently 03/28/24 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Golden Globes awards
PostPosted: 01/11/16 10:41 am • # 1 
Administrator

I thought last night's Golden Globes awards show was awful ~ granted, I have not seen all [or even many] of the performances that won, so my comments are limited to the show itself, which seemed [at best] disjointed ~

Ricky Gervais was, IMO, a disaster as "host" ~ I've never understood his appeal to some, and last night cemented that opinion ~ he didn't seem to want to be there, too many of his attempted "humor" lines were just nasty, and the show would have been immediately improved if he were not "hosting" ~

There were a few [very few] highlights ~ the best IMO was Leo DiCaprio's comments relating to indigenous people ~ then again, his reaction to Lady Gaga's win was just weird ~

Sooz

Post subject: Re: Golden Globes awards
PostPosted: 01/11/16 10:50 am • # 2 
Did I talk about The Revenant? It's brutal, slow in parts and I don't think most of the people who liked it, loved it.

I think Leonardo won because it was his turn. I liked him better in just about every movie I've seen him in.

I also love Gaga. I've seen her twice in concert and would love to see her on a broadway stage. However, the Countess on AHS??? No. Not award worthy and really not even good in my opinion.

I don't get and have never liked Ricky Gervais. I think he appeals to the too cool for school crowd. I always liked school.

PostPosted: 01/11/16 6:58 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

However, the Countess on AHS??? No. Not award worthy and really not even good in my opinion.

"Not only did Gaga win, she also beat out some of the night's stiffest competition. While Flesh and Bone's Sarah Hay was probably the biggest underdog in the Best Actress race, the other contenders were Kirsten Dunst (Fargo), Felicity Huffman (American Crime), and Queen Latifah (Bessie)."
http://www.vox.com/2016/1/10/10747320/g ... aga-speech

You also have to consider the others who were nominated. I've seen a few episodes of Fargo, but none of the other shows. lol

And I find Gervais HILARIOUS. :lol

PostPosted: 01/12/16 12:24 am • # 4 
There are 93 people in the Hollywood Foreign Press, so very small voting bloc.

The Martian isn't a comedy. Or a musical. Lol!

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply