It is currently 03/28/24 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: The Good Wife
PostPosted: 05/09/16 1:00 pm • # 1 
i watched it from the beginning. I didn't care for this season at all. I didn't care for her season of lust with smirky Jeffrey Dean Morgan. I didn't like the revolving law firms or Peter's presidential run.

Then last night I figured I will miss this show. Alicia evolved into Peter. At least that was my take away.

Sooz, gramps, others. I'd like to hear your reactions.

Post subject: Re: The Good Wife
PostPosted: 05/09/16 4:58 pm • # 2 
Administrator

The end of a long-running, mostly terrific, mostly intelligent adult soap opera ~ last night's finale was hyped as "tying up all the loose ends" ~ for me, it failed to do that ~ instead, it felt like it created more questions than it answered ~

I too have watched since the beginning ~ but I liked most of this season ~ maybe it's my familiarity with how ingrown and dysfunctional small firms can get that that storyline didn't bother me ~ Peter's run for prez seemed like the next step for a governor, but I have never been and will never be a Chris Noth fan ~ and for me, "smirky Jeffrey Dean Morgan" is smoking hot ~

I was convinced [prior to the show] that Alicia would cut loose and run off with Jason ~ the chemistry between them sizzled, and I was sorely disappointed that she did not ~ I need to think about whether "Alicia evolved into Peter" ~ I didn't think that while watching but I did sense that something was missing/being left unsaid ~ maybe that was it ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/10/16 8:52 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

I was never a regular viewer, but did catch several episodes. Only a few this season. I thought the ending was cryptic enough that each viewer can create their own. Alicia maybe tracks down Jason and they live happily ever after. Alicia goes back to Peter and he helps her run her own campaign for Governor, or she does it alone. Alicia launches her own very successful law firm with either of them by her side or alone. The slap surprised me, but I loved the way she portrayed a woman pulling herself together after so much drama and disappointment.

Jason. Sigh. I loved Jeffrey Dean Morgan on "Extant" and I think he's smokin' hot too. That hint of a gravelly, lazy voice does it for me. I think his grin is charming not smirky, like he's in on some private joke that constantly amuses him.

I never knew the "Will" story, but her imaginary conversation with him was heartbreaking.

PostPosted: 05/11/16 11:31 am • # 4 
I won't let you two set up guys for me.

JDM is sexy but to me not handsome and definitely smarmy. He smirked through every scene in every episode. I'm not crazy about guys who are kissing blondes in bars while dating me (not that that ever happened). He'd be gone. Peter would have been done in Season 1, too.

I think the slap was a bookend to episode 1 where she slapped Peter in that very hall after standing by him during his announcement in season 1. This time the King's (series showrunners) said it was highlighting that the victim became the victimizer.

I don't think she became Peter, but she is harder and discarded some of her compassion. I think she's alone, except maybe for Eli and Canning. She'll either join up with Canning if she wants to practice law or run for Governor with Eli.

Last year when Canning was at her door asking "Wanna partner" in series conclusion I said she wasn't crazy and would nevert partner with Canning, but she's changed since then.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply