It is currently 03/28/24 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Designated Survivor
PostPosted: 08/21/16 9:02 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

A low-level Cabinet member becomes President of the United States after a catastrophic attack kills everyone above him in the Presidential line of succession.

Starring Kiefer Sutherland. I love him! Kal Penn, who actually worked for the POTUS as House Office of Public Engagement and I liked him on "House".

Kiefer is also filming a remake of "Flatliners" where he plays the same character. No others from the old movie are in it, so it should be interesting.

I'm also now more interested in "Bull" with Michael Weatherly. From the clips I've seen his character is irreverent with some humor, which he played well in NCIS.

Post subject: Re: Designated Survivor
PostPosted: 12/15/17 8:42 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Designated Survivor: This show (as well as Madame Secretary) has stayed very close to many of the DC events unfolding. Season finale a shocker! (won't reveal in case someone hasn't seen it). Well done, imo.

Bull: I'm hooked. It was a slow start, but has improved greatly over the season. Interesting story lines and although I hate Dr. Phil, on whom the show is based, I do love the psychological aspect. More "humanity" as the show wound down and Weatherly plays it brilliantly. Much like he did on NCIS with the "Ziva" story line.

PostPosted: 12/15/17 11:06 am • # 3 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Designated Survivor: This show (as well as Madame Secretary) has stayed very close to many of the DC events unfolding. Season finale a shocker! (won't reveal in case someone hasn't seen it). Well done, imo.

Bull: I'm hooked. It was a slow start, but has improved greatly over the season. Interesting story lines and although I hate Dr. Phil, on whom the show is based, I do love the psychological aspect. More "humanity" as the show wound down and Weatherly plays it brilliantly. Much like he did on NCIS with the "Ziva" story line.

I watched Bull when it first came on and did not like it at all. . Watched an episode the other night because nothing else was on - and it was ok. I may look into again if as you say it got better than the early episodes. .. I try and stay away from politically themed shows - have enough aggravation in RL with the politics of today .

PostPosted: 12/15/17 7:57 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Karolinablue wrote:
roseanne wrote:

I watched Bull when it first came on and did not like it at all. . Watched an episode the other night because nothing else was on - and it was ok. I may look into again if as you say it got better than the early episodes. .. I try and stay away from politically themed shows - have enough aggravation in RL with the politics of today .

I understand KB, but imo Madame Secretary and Designated Survivor are much more than political themes. The background/personal stories are really good.

If you get a chance see the season finale of Bull that was aired last week. I watch it online most times.

PostPosted: 12/15/17 8:07 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

I will roseanne - thanks :)

PostPosted: 12/15/17 8:49 pm • # 6 
Administrator

I've only seen Designated Survivor a couple of times ~ just could not get into it ~ is it worth trying to find it streaming somewhere?

I like Bull a lot and totally agree that it's gotten better week by week ~ last week's episode was terrific ~ roseanne, are you sure that episode was the "season finale"? ~ seems very early for that ~

Madam Secretary is one of my favorite shows, and has been for as long as it's been on ~ I was never much of a Tea Leoni fan, but this role fits her like a glove ~ and I've always liked Tim Daley ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/15/17 9:08 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

sooz, I was taken by surprise by Designated Survivor. Started slow as many new shows do, but really gained some traction as Kiefer's character grew into his new position as President. From nerd to someone with authority deserving respect. I am so invested in the characters that the season finale had me speechless. Yes, I think streaming it would be worth it. Besides, I love Kiefer.

PostPosted: 12/16/17 7:55 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

I'm sitting here watching "Lost In Space" reruns from 1966. :lol

PostPosted: 12/16/17 8:54 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

if you get a chance see the season finale of Bull that was aired last week. I watch it online most times.

Nothing on this afternoon so I went to "On demand" in cable and saw Bull. I watched three episodes and really liked it -- thanks roseanne :)

PostPosted: 12/16/17 8:59 pm • # 10 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
I'm sitting here watching "Lost In Space" reruns from 1966. :lol

That's ok, Chaos :) I watch old TV shows all the time - specially since I am home now during the day. There is a slew of them and I like them better than most of the shows today.

PostPosted: 12/19/17 9:13 am • # 11 
Editorialist

Karolinablue wrote:
if you get a chance see the season finale of Bull that was aired last week. I watch it online most times.

Nothing on this afternoon so I went to "On demand" in cable and saw Bull. I watched three episodes and really liked it -- thanks roseanne :)

:tup

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply