It is currently 03/28/24 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/28/16 10:05 am • # 1 
Administrator

From today's Daily Beast Cheat Sheet ~ Sooz

‘Hamilton’ Creator Lin-Manuel Miranda to Host ‘Saturday Night Live’

Lin-Manuel Miranda made his final appearance as Alexander Hamilton in his Tony Award-winning Broadway hit Hamilton this past July. But next month, fans will get to see him host the second episode of Saturday Night Live’s 42nd season. Following Margot Robbie’s hosting gig for the October 1 season premiere, Miranda will take the lead on October 8 with musical guest Twenty One Pilots. “I... have a bit of a week next week,” the Broadway star tweeted when the news was announced Wednesday morning. Miranda will be promoting both Hamilton's America, a documentary about the musical set to air on PBS October 21 and Disney’s upcoming animated film Moana, for which he wrote several songs. An avowed Hillary Clinton supporter, Miranda recently turned Donald Trump’s tweets into a musical of sorts for GQ. So no one should be surprised if SNL produces as Hamilton parody called “Trump” when Miranda takes the stage at Studio 8H next month.

Quote:
Saturday Night Live Verified account 
‏@nbcsnl
SHOUT IT TO THE ROOFTOPS! @HamiltonMusical's @Lin_Manuel will host our second episode of the season with musical guest @twentyonepilots!
9:05 AM - 28 Sep 2016

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/2016/09/28/hamilton-creator-lin-manuel-miranda-to-host-saturday-night-live.html?via=desktop&source=copyurl

PostPosted: 09/28/16 8:00 pm • # 2 
Do you have your Hamilton tix, sooz?

PostPosted: 10/06/16 8:39 pm • # 3 
Jeff bought the Hamilton CDs which surprised me. He said maybe this way he can understand the lyrics.

I'll watch for Lin.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply