It is currently 03/28/24 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 title=
 Post subject: READING again!!!
PostPosted: 06/07/17 11:34 am • # 1 
Editorialist

After years of stressful jobs and a brain that was just too tired to read and enjoy a book, I am reading again! Oh my, how I've missed it! I must say, I haven't been this relaxed in ages and ages.

Scored 4 books for $4C (about $50US, lmao, j/k) , from the bargain box at the local book store after walking :md to town. I may have read one of them already, but it's been so long it won't matter.

Post subject: Re: READING again!!!
PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:01 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Good for you, roseanne - I know the feeling. I semi-retired a couple months ago - work from home when they need me on a per diem basis, and the first thing I did was start reading the books I bought and never got the chance to read. Like you - tired and could just not get into reading a whole book lol. . I was getting too stressed out at work and needed to wind down. I worried I might wind down too much - but loving it. Although, I might be getting a tad lazy lol..

PostPosted: 06/07/17 7:32 pm • # 3 
Administrator

I've always been a big reader ~ so was my dad [he'd read cereal boxes at the breakfast table] and one of my two sisters ~ and since I retired a few years ago, I'm reading more than ever ~ so I'm happy that both of you are rediscovering getting lost in a good book ~

CONGRATS on your semi-retirement, KB ~ I retired a few years ago, only remaining "active" with our school and with board/committees here in my condo building ~ but I still see/talk with my former-boss-still-close-friend fairly regularly ~ first words out of his mouth are still "are you bored yet" ~ I laugh at the question every time he asks me ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/07/17 8:06 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
I've always been a big reader ~ so was my dad [he'd read cereal boxes at the breakfast table] and one of my two sisters ~ and since I retired a few years ago, I'm reading more than ever ~ so I'm happy that both of you are rediscovering getting lost in a good book ~

CONGRATS on your semi-retirement, KB ~ I retired a few years ago, only remaining "active" with our school and with board/committees here in my condo building ~ but I still see/talk with my former-boss-still-close-friend fairly regularly ~ first words out of his mouth are still "are you bored yet" ~ I laugh at the question every time he asks me ~

Sooz

Thanks, sooz. . I get asked that question too from various people. I tell them so far, so good :D

PostPosted: 06/15/17 1:30 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Stress can keep me from reading too...and has, until recently. It is so important to push it all away for a few hours. I've just started picking up my books again myself. Congrats on rediscovering this wonderful and cheap way of getting away from it all. What are you reading?

PostPosted: 06/15/17 5:03 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

green apple tree wrote:
Stress can keep me from reading too...and has, until recently. It is so important to push it all away for a few hours. I've just started picking up my books again myself. Congrats on rediscovering this wonderful and cheap way of getting away from it all. What are you reading?

I picked up a Robin Cook book, "Toxin". He's one of my favorite authors. In fact, I had JUST finished reading "Coma" when I had to have emergency gall bladder surgery in 1980. Yikes! I mumbled something about it as they were putting me under. ROFL!

The other books are random. Mary Higgins Clark. Fluff, but I like her. A couple of authors with whom I am not familiar, but the "blurb" on the back sounded good. Murder/crime mysteries.

Can't be too picky when choosing from the $1 box.

Glad you are reading again. :)

PostPosted: 07/10/18 8:35 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Just read two books that are the kind you don't want to put down because you want to know how they end, but you don't want to finish because they are good. lol One is Dean Koontz, the other James Patterson. The Koontz book was 632 pages! Whew!

PostPosted: 07/12/18 6:38 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Just started rereading "Stranger In A Strange Land". It's been so long it's like a new book all over again. LOL

PostPosted: 07/13/18 9:28 pm • # 9 
Administrator

I prefer this Coonts: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Coonts

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply