It is currently 03/29/24 5:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 11/30/19 3:22 pm • # 1 
Administrator

From my Facebook feed ~ this book review was written by a long-time friend that I worked with for a number of years ~ she's very bright and discerning ~ this review has put "A Warning" on my "to read" list ~ :st ~ Sooz

Quote:
So I just finished reading “A Warning” by Anonymous. My thoughts:

I hear he/she will eventually reveal their identity. Interesting. I’m still not sure of the author’s intentions for writing this book, and that matters.

There were no bombs dropped in it— it was an up-close commentary on behaviors we’ve all grown too accustomed to.

It was well-written— I’m guessing to protect the author’s secrecy it was highly edited or maybe a ghostwriter was used. Syntax and diction aren’t quite a fingerprint, but they can be a distinct clue to identity— when you read Hemingway, you know it’s Hemingway.

The biggest take-away for me was a good, hard analysis as to how and why those in Trump’s inner circle continue to turn a blind eye to his misdeeds— power, greed, fear, cult-like devotion. The author uses Cicero and and other noted statesmen to compare and contrast— it really drove the point home succinctly.

Sadly, he/she reminds us that most of the politicos with a modicum of “adult in the room-ness” have already vanished, leaving the weak, corrupt and vulnerable to steer the ship and do this maniac’s bidding.

This book terrified me more than Stephen King ever could— the monster isn’t in the closet— he’s in the White House. And it makes me furious.

I wish everyone in government would read this book and check their conscience. Those who still have one.

Also, I like how the book ended with hope that we are not beyond repair and offers up a way out. Below is only one of the many passages I’ve highlighted.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply