It is currently 05/04/24 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
PostPosted: 04/11/10 7:05 pm • # 1 
Well I know I said in chat I was heading up to sleep and then I got distracted when I saw I had taken this book out from the library earlier in the day. Then I read it.

I loved this book. This is not at all a sophisticated reading yet for me it worked on a variety of levels and not merely the chic book romance level though I readily admit I am a romantic at heart. Add in the passion and you've got me at hello.

The story of Charles and Emma Darwin with this being THE Charles Darwin of evolution fame was of particular interest to me as of late his theory has seemed to rile some when unable to differentiate science and faith or find some sort of affront to religion by science.

The dicotomous life views of Charles the agnostic scientist and Emma the woman with fundamental religious faith left me wondering if they as a couple could work that all out so well and be great lovers and great pals for years upon years until death they did so sadly part , then why for god's sake can't  the rest of us do the same even the slightest bit as well.

I always wished I had known Charles yet now somehow I could reluctantly give that up as now I wish a miracle would occur and I could spend the day with Emma. I think she was amazing.

Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ] New Topic Add Reply