It is currently 05/04/24 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: 11/15/10 4:57 pm • # 1 

Romeo and Juliet - Directed by Frano Zeffirelli, released 1968.

I haven't seen this in a very long time but I think my $4.99 was well spent.

When I first saw this in the early 70's, I couldn't understand the spoken English it contains yet I understood the

Last edited by Sidartha on 11/15/10 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 12/19/10 5:51 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Ahhh, Sid. One of my all time favorites. I remember the gasp during the bed scene, when Olivia's breasts were shown. Oh the horror!!! lol. She and Leonard Whiting were perfectly cast, imo.   Her with that innocent, unbridled passion, him with that sexy, pouty mouth. lol

Hard to buy her as the Virgin Mary in "Jesus of Nazareth" after the passionate role  of Juliet. Image

My English Literature class took a field trip to see this. We were studying Shakespeare at the time. Glad you bought it. I should add that to our video library.

PostPosted: 12/20/10 8:10 am • # 3 
I just got two movies this month: 2001: A Space Odyssey and Ordinary People.

PostPosted: 12/20/10 11:18 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Both excellent movies! Are you buying VHS or DVD? We still have a huge collection of VHS, but are slowly replacing them with DVD copies. It's amazing how many times one can watch the good ones and still see something new.........a background scene or prop even. Fun to look at a favorite with "new eyes" to see what you can see. Many, many times we go dashing to the computer on IMDB to find out where something was shot after each guessing. Hubby is right more often than I.

Of course, so many movies with a lot of winter/outdoor/mountain scenes have been shot in BC, others in parts of Alberta. Hubby lived here when Superman III was shot in Calgary lol.

PostPosted: 12/20/10 12:46 pm • # 5 
I buy DVD's (wide format). I also have a capture/record box that plugs into a USB port so I can capture VHS to put on DVD. http://www.adstechnologies.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=2

PostPosted: 12/20/10 1:23 pm • # 6 
Administrator

A bit of personal trivia ~ Ordinary People was largely filmed here ~ several scenes were shot in the Neiman Marcus store at Northbrook Court ~ my mother was a manager there for decades ~ so we got to go watch some of the filming ~ Robert Redford is still great looking, but at the time he was drop-dead gorgeous ~ he's also much shorter/smaller than he appears on screen ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/20/10 3:30 pm • # 7 
Ordinary People touches a very personal place for me. I identify with it very much on a number of fronts.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply