It is currently 05/17/24 12:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: Australia
PostPosted: 12/03/08 4:34 pm • # 1 
I reluctantly saw this movie on Thanks giving. Thanks giving is so boring-all you do is stuff your face then sit back in a recliner silently releasing turkey farts onto an unsuspecting population. Where's the "Giving"? What do you give? And don't say "thanks" cause........................oh hang on...............that's probably why they call it " Thanks giving" right? O.k,forget what I just said.

Loved this movie from start to finish but it's not going to be every ones cup of tea. It's a movie that pays homage to other movies but it's done through the insane perspective of Aussie film maverick,Bazz Luhrman. So even though you're in familiar territory, everything looks and feels original and that can be kind of jarring sometimes.

Never mind though,switch off your brain and go along for the ride,it really is a fantastic big big movie!

Last edited by DublinDave on 12/03/08 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Australia
PostPosted: 12/07/08 11:42 am • # 2 
Administrator

Sounds to me like this movie needs to be seen on a big screen ~ I can't remember the last time I actually was in a movie theater ~ OH WAIT ~ yes, I can ~ I took my niece and nephew to see Monsters Inc. ~ Image ~ movies come onto cable and dvd so fast now that I'm perfectly content buying/renting what I want to see and viewing it in the comfort of home ~ and on my own timing ~ but I might venture back into a theater for this one, Dub ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply