It is currently 05/02/24 4:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Authors
PostPosted: 11/16/08 11:32 am • # 1 
Administrator

Reading is one of my favorite hobbies ~ I admit that, with few exceptions, I am generally a reader of fiction ~ some of my favorite authors are Scott Turow, James Patterson [the Alex Cross series], Richard North Patterson, Janet Evanovitch [the Stephanie Plum "numbers" series], Jonathan Kellerman, Stuart Woods [not a great writer but tells a good story], David Balducci ~ virtually anything you pick up by any of those authors will be enjoyable ~ I'm currently reading "The Suspect" by John Lescroart ~ about halfway thru, the book has interesting character development but moves fairly slowly ~ I'd love to hear what you all are reading and some of your own favorite authors ~

PostPosted: 11/16/08 5:06 pm • # 2 
I'm not in the middle of any books right now but authors I like include Stephen King, Jeffery Deavers, J R Ward, Robert B Parker (the Spenser books), P D James. Also Janet Evanovitch, both Jonathan and Faye Kellerman, P J Tracey. If I really enjoy a particular book, I tend to read it over and over again, like the Harry Potter series, The Count of Monte Cristo, many of Laurell K Hamilton's books. Right now though, I'm not in a reading mood - I'm too busy trying to learn my way around Yuku.

PostPosted: 11/22/08 5:54 am • # 3 
Administrator

I too read anything by Robert Parker and Faye Kellerman [the Pete/Rina series particularly] ~ I also like Sara Paretsky, Sue Grafton, and Margaret Maron ~ btw, the action in Lescroart's "The Suspect" picked up nicely almost immediately after I posted saying it was slow ~ Image

PostPosted: 12/06/08 11:01 am • # 4 
I am not much of a fiction fan. However, I did read "The Shack" on the recommendation of a friend. It is a christian fiction book and it was awesome. Read it in one day. It was about a man, who's daughter is kidnapped and killed and God inviting the man to a meeting with him.

I just finished one of Barbara Ehrenreichs books "Bait and Switch" about the plight of middle class professionals in their job search. She went undercover to explain the frustration in finding a job. Excellent read!

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply