It is currently 04/28/24 5:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 10/28/11 2:50 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I watched Once Upon a Time online last night. I loved the pilot episode. Much different that I thought it would be. Great fantasy with a dark twist. I've always liked Jennifer Morrison (who plays the "savior" of the fairy tale characters) since her days on House.

I only got to watch a 20 min. sneak peak of Grimm, but it looks pretty good too.

Both are very different than usual programming, so it's a refreshing change. Once Upon a Time has combined all of the fairy tale characters in one plot......even Jiminy Cricket! LOL. It reminded me of the way Shrek included them all in the story, as if they inhabit the same world, which they do! Imagination Land. (NO, not the South Park one ha ha) Image

PostPosted: 10/29/11 10:59 am • # 2 
Editorialist

I missed it even though I'd planned on watching. Rats! Hopefully, I can catch up On Demand. When are they usually on?

PostPosted: 10/29/11 1:53 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

LOL, I have no idea. I watch them online at CTV. You probably can't watch them there. I saw the full episode of Grimm today. It may be ok, but the lead character, imo, is a little lame. Hopefully he'll get better. 

PostPosted: 10/31/11 4:30 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

Second episode of Once upon a Time was just as good as the first. I'm really impressed with the costumes and makeup of the "past time" of the fairy tale characters and the edgy darkness of the "present time". So far it's been a good balance. Lana Parrilla makes a very believable evil witch/bitch in both time frames, lol. You want to hate her, but they show a touch of vulnerability that makes you wonder what makes her tick. A sort of sympathy, if you will.

I'm enchanted. Image

PostPosted: 11/01/11 4:01 am • # 5 
I'd rather watch Shrek.

PostPosted: 11/01/11 5:52 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Yeah, I hear ya. We love, love, love Shrek.

I like the show because it's a once-a-week escape. If you haven't seen it, you should give it a chance. CTV.ca has the episodes after they've aired. Image 

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply