It is currently 04/28/24 9:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: GCB
PostPosted: 03/06/12 4:27 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I just watched the pilot episode for this new series. Better than I expected, with some giggles. A woman comes back to her hometown after her hubby (who made millions from a ponzi scheme) dies in a car accident while his girlfriend is ....ummm....... face planted in his lap.Image LOL

Anyway, this woman delights in exposing the hypocrisy of her high school girlfriends as they gossip, back stab and generally are bitches while singing like angels in church on Sunday. Image  I'll watch a few more episodes to see, but it's a good, lighthearted spoof on Good Christian Bitches in the South. Overstated, but sooooooooo true!

Annie Potts is good in this and I've always liked her.

PostPosted: 03/06/12 4:55 pm • # 2 
I always likes Annie Potts, but Kristin Chenoweth?   ACK!!!!!!

Helium voiced and totally irritating with that I am soooo teeny and only weigh 80-something pounds. 

I may watch it just to hate her.   LOL!!!

PostPosted: 03/07/12 1:19 am • # 3 
Editorialist

lol kathy, exactly! She plays the "queen bitch" very well, but I'm hoping they don't focus too much on her with that voice.Image Her husband is played by David James Elliot (JAG's "Harm) who has aged quite nicely.

PostPosted: 03/12/12 1:44 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Wow, I didn't know that Kristin Chenoweth had such a good singing voice! hmmm

PostPosted: 03/12/12 2:28 am • # 5 
Editorialist

I really am enjoying this show, lol. Here's another little tidbit about Kristin from an interview. She says she is a Christian and I love the quote:

"It's not my job to decide whether someone is 'a sinner' for doing something or being something or saying something. My grandma said, 'Oh, Kris, I read the Bible like I eat fish. I eat the meat that serves me well, but I don't choke on a bone.' I loved that, and I've never forgotten it."

PostPosted: 04/11/12 3:47 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Funny that the most recent episode of GCB was about abstinence, which I watched online last night and then sooz posted about that today. The show pretty much "said" the same thing.

There was one scene in this episode that had me laughing (belly laugh)Image through the entire thing! I absolutely love this show as a great escape from all the "darker" shows we watch. CSI, Criminal Minds etc. This one, "Whitney" and "Big Bang Theory" all make me giggle.

With GCB, you might have to be Southern to appreciate the authenticity portrayed regarding a southern, snobbish, "christian" group of people. Of course the show exaggerates it, but it's spot on. Image

PostPosted: 05/15/12 1:44 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Sadly, this is cancelled. Fluff, but funny fluff. I'll miss it.

One of my new faves: Smash.  Beautiful music, sappy story line. But, hey, what do I know about show biz, especially the stage? lol  I've always loved musicals and this one is great. Katharine McPhee and Megan Hilty both have great voices. It's been a pleasure to hear their talent showcased in this show. I just wish they would do more of the music, and less of the blah, blah. However, I understand they do need a story line. Anjelica Houston is good as is Debra Messing. Their handling of gay relationships is wonderful and touching. Can't wait until next season! I'm buying the CD asap. Image

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply