It is currently 03/28/24 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Just a Gentle Thought.
PostPosted: 04/29/09 6:29 am • # 1 
Is it possible to have a "Member of the Month"? Is it wise? Have been here long enough? Will they get their own parking space for a month as a prize? Do we have enough members? Would it be fair or just a popularity contest? Would it become the absurdity we recently witnessed in another community; that being a rotation of people to balance out the usual divides of opinion?

Anyway, I could get behind a vote for such a thing if and only if it was to recognize not just volume or the number of contributions (that is essential in a message board), but the recognition of wit, attitude, and thoughtful discussions.

Whaddya think?

PostPosted: 04/29/09 7:40 am • # 2 
I can honestly say that I used to cringe at this in "another place" and I wonder what value it has.

PostPosted: 04/29/09 9:02 am • # 3 
I don't like the idea. Some people can write long posts that say nothing while others can write short ones that say so much. We do have disagreements as any good group would and I'd hate to see it turn into taking sides or even the perception of that. I have to admit too that my memory isn't great and I'd have trouble remembering the month's posts of any one person so the vote would end up more like who made the last post I considered good. Some people can write better than others but that does not mean the others don't make the valid points. Also, I don't think anyone really cares what I think of their posts. I do try to tell them anyway when I get a chance, like in chat.

Anyway (see what i meant about long posts that say nothing?) if the group wants to, that's cool. No one will be forced to participate I'm sure. Maybe we can find out from FF if there's anyway to make a special icon or something that will show on the winner's posts? lol. Then we could pay more attention and say how the hell did that person win. Image

PostPosted: 04/29/09 9:22 am • # 4 
Sammy6769 wrote:
Maybe we can find out from FF if there's anyway to make a special icon or something that will show on the winner's posts? lol. Then we could pay more attention and say how the hell did that person win. Image

Tell the boss I just upped the ante from Cheetos to Doritos. Image

PostPosted: 05/01/09 10:17 am • # 5 
I am the Member of the Month for MAY ... Deal with that Reality ... LOLOL ... Effen !!

PostPosted: 06/15/09 7:41 am • # 6 
FeatheredFish wrote:
I can honestly say that I used to cringe at this in "another place" and I wonder what value it has.

I don't think it has any value at all. I nearly died laughing when they made me MOTM there...I was a very infrequent poster on that board, especially at that time. I thought it was deliciously ironic that the way to get named MOTM was to not post much...I guess it kept me out of trouble.

On some sites, it's a fun thing to do to vote for members in different categories...sort of like you do for high school yearbooks. Funniest member, Community Spirit...that sort of stuff. But, we don't have enough members for that, unless we all just want to have our own individual ribbons or medals to decorate our avatars with. [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/wink.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 07/24/09 8:31 am • # 7 
Just a Gentle Taut ... er ... a Tight Taaght Thought ...

Make the Ini ... Member of the year ... He has Merit ... Even !! ... NO ... LOLOL ... Here ... er ... YES ... Even !! Image

Last edited by ini on 07/24/09 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply