It is currently 03/28/24 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: 02/03/09 6:04 pm • # 1 

Drama.

I am having to learn the hard way how others in the country must think. I am EST. This board is Central Time. That is fair. However, I am losing what little bit of my mind I still have figuring out the time posts are made.

PostPosted: 02/03/09 6:30 pm • # 2 
Administrator

NC, yes the board is set to central time because I'm on central time ~ but I think there is a function where each member can set the time within his/her own account so that posts are shown in their own local time ~ I'll check on that for you ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/03/09 6:32 pm • # 3 
Administrator

BTW, central is always one hour earlier than Eastern ~ it's 1132p here right now, so it's 1232p on your time ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/03/09 6:54 pm • # 4 
Administrator

YAYYY ~ I truly love yuku's features ~ yes, everyone can set his/her own time zone within his/her own account ~ click on Account in the upper left corner of any page, next to where it says Welcome NC ~ on the lower left side, under Settings, click on Time Zone ~ you'll be given a choice to set your own time zone and a choice to convert/show all posts in your local time ~ one little wrinkle: the time choices are all in GMT ~ I'm on CST and that is GMT -6 ~ you being EST will be GMT -5 ~ be sure you click the Submit button when you've made your choices ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/03/09 6:57 pm • # 5 
Administrator

It's late and I'm getting fuzzy-brained ~ is what I explained how to do what you were looking for, NC?

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/04/09 1:13 am • # 6 
Sooz, you sure do make it hard for me to be a complaining old grump. I've worked all my life to achieve the status of "Old Coot", and here you go being nice, and helpful, and efficient. Just ruined it.

(Thank you very much too. That was so easy.)

PostPosted: 02/04/09 12:17 pm • # 7 
Ah, much better! Glad you asked, NC, because I didn't know that setting was there either. Of course, I also hadn't noticed the time was wrong...I just thought nobody was posting in the last hour! [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply