It is currently 03/28/24 5:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
PostPosted: 02/10/09 12:57 pm • # 1 
I was finally able to get around the websense server at the office and get to yuku. One problem though, I belong to several boards that are also on yuku and names, pictures, reply, post, etc. all show-up and function where I can participate. This one though, all are red "x", no reply or anything...best I can do is just read what was posted. Is there a setting I need to be aware of in the internet options??

PostPosted: 02/10/09 1:10 pm • # 2 
Administrator

That's an interesting new wrinkle, Hawkeye ~ I have no clue ~ we do not have any kind of barriers set [other than having to join to post] ~ I will file a question with the yuku help desk to see if I can get any kind of info and/or suggestions of what to try ~ hopefully, someone more computer savvy here will be able to help when they see your message ~ I'll let you know whatever kind of response I get from the help desk ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/10/09 1:15 pm • # 3 
K...thanks sooz

PostPosted: 02/10/09 1:21 pm • # 4 
Administrator

Hawkeye, I was just typing my question to the help desk when I thought of something ~ please check this: click on account in the upper left corner, next to Welcome Hawkeye ~ click on Preferences, which will be on the left side down the page a bit ~ click on My Settings ~ look at Editor type in My Settings ~ let me know if wysiwyg or bbcode is checked ~ once I know that, I can give the help desk all the info they're going to ask for [I think/hope] ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/10/09 6:44 pm • # 5 
Hawkeye wrote:
I was finally able to get around the websense server at the office and get to yuku. One problem though, I belong to several boards that are also on yuku and names, pictures, reply, post, etc. all show-up and function where I can participate. This one though, all are red "x", no reply or anything...best I can do is just read what was posted. Is there a setting I need to be aware of in the internet options??

Hawkeye.
It is possible that Photobucket is on your offices' ban list. As I host all the buttons, icons and header graphics on there, that could explain the red x's.

If Photobucket is on the ban list and you can't pull a work-around, get back to me in this thread and I'll try re-hosting them. (be patient though please, there's a good few images to re-locate).

PostPosted: 02/10/09 7:43 pm • # 6 
As a test, I have re-hosted the buttons for this forum only.
Do they now show for you Hawk? (No-one else should notice a difference, if they do, please flag it up).
If they show I'll re-work the other forums. If they don't, I won't. Image

Yukus image hosting applies an image size restriction and compresses anything outside its parameters, so I'm loathe to host the headers there.

Not that I should be aiding, abetting and encouraging you to dodge work and circumvent it's web filters mind!
No wonder the economy is in a mess, etc......................Image

PostPosted: 02/11/09 12:23 am • # 7 
sooz....wysiwyg is checked.
Here at home everything is fine.....I'll be at the office later so I'll be able to see if the buttons show-up.

PostPosted: 02/11/09 12:28 am • # 8 
Ok Hawk
Just remember that I've only changed the image hosting for this forum so far.

PostPosted: 02/11/09 3:02 am • # 9 
Success!!! I don't know what you did, (or what I need to do)...but most images show-up and most importantly...the "reply"Image

PostPosted: 02/11/09 3:16 am • # 10 
Administrator

I should go to bed early more often ~ apparently when I do, problems get solved ~ Image ~ great call, FF ~ I just checked the help desk and their suggestion was about photobucket being blocked, too ~ glad to have you back 24/7, Hawkeye ~ and FF, you really ARE THE BEST ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/11/09 3:21 am • # 11 
Hawkeye wrote:
Success!!! I don't know what you did, (or what I need to do)...but most images show-up and most importantly...the "reply"Image
As I suspected then, your works net filter blocks photobucket.

"most images show-up"
Most? Image
Are you still seeing red x's on this "Suggestions/Complaints" forum?

PostPosted: 02/11/09 3:33 am • # 12 
No more red x's...I noticed your little dude kicking the ball disappeared...other then that all others show-up.

PostPosted: 02/12/09 5:03 am • # 13 
Hawkeye, I've re-hosted the icons for all the other forums now to enable your illicit viewing. Image
Do me a favour please matey, could you look at each forum category and confirm all the buttons etc, now show for you?

(As I mentioned before, because of compression issues I've not re-hosted the headers so they'll probably still show red x's.

PostPosted: 02/12/09 5:06 am • # 14 
Thankyouthankyou FF & Sooz!!! I can now not only read the posts but participate on all boards (that is until they figure out how I got around websense)....Image

PostPosted: 02/12/09 5:15 am • # 15 
Or until you get banned for causing me hassles, whichever happens first. Image

Glad your here, enjoy!

Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ] New Topic Add Reply