It is currently 03/28/24 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: A New Board???
PostPosted: 12/11/08 12:54 pm • # 1 
Why be so serious all the time!? I think an off-topic board would be great here. Smaller groups tend to get bored discussing the same ole' topics in various groups they belong to, but making an off-topic board just might personalize this group a bit more and allow members to get to know one another. I thought I posted a similar suggestion here once before but it obviously doesn't appear now. Not sure if it was deleted or rejected or if I misposted (always a possibility!).. but here's the suggestion again.

PostPosted: 12/11/08 1:19 pm • # 2 
Administrator

No problem and fine with me, Fluffy ~ my personal experience has been that most people use the general board for virtually everything ~ but I'm happy to try a dedicated board for whatever the members want ~ are you suggesting something like the "Member Zone" in CEII? ~ let me know exactly what you have in mind ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/19/08 11:37 am • # 3 
Oh heck no, Sooz.. I'm not suggesting a Member Zone thing sort of thing. (I'm sorry its taken me so long to get back to this.. frankly, I forgot I posted this.)

What I meant was... and I AGREE WITH YOU that multiple boards are confusing and a waste of time.... but since the primary topics discussed in this group is about politics/current events.. that you might want to have an extra board for general stuff... including personal posts, cartoons, jokes,.. like my tooth remedy post, your cow post... just something to separate the serious issues from the light-hearted fun stuff.

I agree with you completely, that multiple boards become confusing. In a group as small as this one (only so far.. I think it has great potential to grow), you're right. The General Board is probably sufficient for now. But if the group continues to grow, I think you might want to consider having a General/CurrentEvents Board... and a separate Off-Topic board for everything else.

See... there ARE some light-hearted and fun threads on the current General Board. But (to me) the truth of the matter is, its kinda hard to change gears so quickly. One minute I'm telling a deeply personal story on the Doctor Assisted Suicide thread, and the next, I'm responding to a fun airplane/cow thread! (LOL... if you don't think I'm nuts by now!!)... But what I'm trying to say, is that I think its a good idea to separate the serious topics from the other idiot stuff.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ... this is NOT A DEMAND BY A LONGSHOT!! LOL.. merely a suggetion... and if you like things the way they are, SO DO I!!!

PostPosted: 12/19/08 11:53 am • # 4 
Call it miscellaneous cow pies. You know damn well the cow dropped some when she got so rudely interrupted.

PostPosted: 12/19/08 12:59 pm • # 5 
Administrator

LMAO ~ Image ~ I'm good with that ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/20/08 6:34 am • # 6 
What about a music/what are you listening to? board.
Music is a big part of my life and I love to hear what others listen to. The ability to embed youtube clips into posts is great imo as it saves having to open new windows or tabs.

Another suggestion would be a Documentaries board.
I have a few which I've found interesting and I'm sure others may have some bookmarked.

PostPosted: 12/20/08 7:39 am • # 7 
Administrator

Great suggestions ~ today I will add those new boards [INcluding "Miscellaneous Cow Pies" ~ Image] ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/20/08 8:01 am • # 8 
Administrator

New boards are up and ready to be "christened" ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/05/09 3:54 am • # 9 

When I've started a group, I've always included board for Art, which gives people a place to post favorite paintings, sculptures, etc etc.

PostPosted: 01/05/09 5:30 am • # 10 
Administrator

Good suggestion, Thack ~ there will be an "Art" board added today ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/05/09 5:48 pm • # 11 
Make a board for the lowly poet
For the many who are and just don't know it
For statements made with clever words
Whether things nice or for the birds

Made with silliness and quicky puns
or flowery sweet that gives you the runs
Genius that comes from being mad
or feelings flowing because we're sad

a love story of cat or dog
the beauty of a tree toad on a log
the colors you saw when sun did sink
a magic thing lost in a blink

pictures and music all are good
maybe i would if I could
but art to me comes in silly rhymes
a funny way to pass the times

unburden my soul with tales of war
or dreams of travel very far
a simple touch light and sweet
or rage to knock you off your feet

everyone can be a rhymer
simple really, there's no timer
play with it and you will see
it will flow like buzz from a bee

a poem by Sammy Image

PostPosted: 01/05/09 6:24 pm • # 12 
Administrator

You ask, you receive ~ the new POEMS-R-US board is ready for you to "christen", Sammy ~ you have a real talent for it ~ I'm a real disaster at it ~ but I'll work on it ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/05/09 6:37 pm • # 13 
Thanks, sooz. For now I'll just repost my suggestion poem.

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply