It is currently 03/28/24 5:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: How to post videos
PostPosted: 10/28/12 10:04 am • # 1 
Administrator

Not all video clips are post-able, but all YouTube videos are ~ follow these steps ~

If the video is from YouTube, copy the url and paste it where you want the clip to appear ~ once you've pasted the url, highlight it and click on the "video" button above the message window ~ the coding will be added automatically and what you will then see is [video] url [/video], without the spaces before and after the coding ~ when you preview or post, you will see the video ~

Some videos are not easily identifiable as YouTube clips ~ if there is a "Share" button in the upper right corner, click that button ~ if you see a box with a link that has youtu.be in the link, click on "Options" [which will be right under the link] and then click on "long link", which will give you a different link that has youtube in the link ~ copy/paste the "long link" where you want it to appear, highlight it, and click on the "video" button above the message window, which will automatically add the coding ~

If you have more to add following the cut/paste/highlight/click video, be sure to put your cursor where you want to continue text ~

This sounds much more complicated than it is ~ try it a few times and it'll become second nature ~

Sooz

Post subject: Re: How to post videos
PostPosted: 08/03/16 7:40 am • # 2 
Editorialist

help please, at CEii i am having difficulty posting videos. they offer four choices of editor types under your prefrence so i need to know which to use and how to do it. some are youtube and some are not.

PostPosted: 08/03/16 8:16 am • # 3 
Administrator

Just paste the youtube link to the clip, do a preview and if it shows up you're good to go.

PostPosted: 08/03/16 9:03 am • # 4 
Editorialist

i dont seem to be able to make it show, i preview and its there and then post and it only shows the url not the video

PostPosted: 08/03/16 1:46 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Then I can't help you since I can't post on yuku anymore to test it. Sorry.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply