It is currently 04/28/24 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
PostPosted: 03/16/13 11:11 am • # 1 
Administrator

I keep forgetting to ask this question ~ this computer seems to have some keys preprogrammed to do or move me to something else ~ I'm guessing it's a combo of keystrokes ~ is there any way I can disable that? ~ I don't know what I'm doing to enable it but it's VERY annoying ~ :ey

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/16/13 7:45 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Explain a little more, please. I don't know your keyboard.
I know combinations like control+letter etc. but that's not what you mean I guess.

PostPosted: 03/17/13 9:12 am • # 3 
Administrator

This keyboard came with the computer ~ it's a Logitech K260, wireless ~ I hate it, but haven't yet found one I like better ~ the keys on this one are mega sensitive ~ so I'll be typing and must brush against another key and suddenly I'm directed to, or getting options to do, other things ~ that's why I can't tell what combination of keystrokes is the problem ~ I'm [maybe foolishly] hoping there is a generic setting for preprogrammed keys that can be turned off ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/17/13 8:00 pm • # 4 
Administrator

All I can imagine is that you hit the CTRL or Alt or Windows key by mistake when you want to press Shift with your left pinky. Stuff like that doesn't happen when you use two-finger typing.
I knew that there were advantages not to learn ten-finger typing! :)

PostPosted: 03/23/13 7:38 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Sooz, a few suggestions;

I would check your Start menu/Programs for Logitech and see if it has a way to set up the keys. Maybe it has default settings that are a problem for you.

If you don't see anything there, try Control Panel/Keyboard.

PostPosted: 03/24/13 7:03 am • # 6 
Administrator

Thanks for the info/suggestions, John ~ I've made a note in case I run into the same problem again ~ I've hated the keyboard since getting this computer last summer and my frustration finally pushed me to get a new keyboard on Friday ~ I got a Logitech MK520 wireless, which "feels" much more user-friendly to me ~ and [tho I hate to say this out loud for fear of jinxing myself] I haven't had the same problem since ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 03/29/13 5:10 pm • # 7 
I had the same problem with this keyboard, but in my case it was "muscle memory" that was the problem. My keystrokes have been on the same old keyboard for over a decade, so my muscles haven't tuned themselves to the new tactile feel and response of the keys yet.

PostPosted: 03/29/13 6:04 pm • # 8 
Administrator

Interesting, Sid ~ I kept telling myself I needed to get used to the keyboard ~ but 8 months later I still hated it ~ this new one just felt better the minute I started using it ~ so I'm a happy camper ~ well, I'm a happy camper for now ~ :b

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply