It is currently 04/28/24 12:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Pogo Games
PostPosted: 06/15/13 4:43 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Jab, I downloaded and ran the spybot link you posted for pic yesterday ~ and I haven't been able to access Pogo Games since then ~ I get a "waiting for Pogo" message and after [literally] 4 or 5 minutes, I get a totally screwed up page ~ if I click on anything on that page, it goes back into "waiting for ..." mode ~ after another few minutes, it says I pass the J__ test, which I assume is a test for java ~ but I can't navigate away from that page ~ I have not changed any settings except for the new spybot download ~

I'm not sure it's related to the spybot download, but that's when this problem started ~ any suggestions?

Sooz

Post subject: Re: Pogo Games
PostPosted: 06/15/13 6:20 pm • # 2 
Administrator

When you ran spybot did it find anything and did spybot fix it? There should be a log somewhere. You can undo most fixes from spybot.
Maybe it just deleted a cookie?

PostPosted: 06/15/13 6:23 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Try also:

place Pogo in your Trusted Sites

Control Panel > Internet Options > Security
Highlight Trusted sites icon by clicking on it
Click the Sites button

PostPosted: 06/15/13 7:53 pm • # 4 
Administrator

I reversed what went into quarantine w/spybot ~ I also tried to add the site to "trusted sites" ~ when I clicked the icon on my desktop, the address just kept fluttering in the address bar ~ so I removed it ~ I'll try restoring back a few days and see if that helps ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/15/13 8:25 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Okay ~ I uninstalled the new spybot ~ tried again ~ nothing changed ~ so I restored to a few days back because I know this started yesterday ~ everything is working again, including Pogo ~ the restore also removed the last set of windows updates, but it returned the earlier version of spybot ~ LOL! ~ I'm convinced the problem was NOT with the windows updates because those were done 4 days ago and this just started yesterday ~ but everything seems to be working fine again ~ and I'll think about the windows updates ... tomorrow ~

Thanks, Jab ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/16/13 9:36 am • # 6 
Editorialist

I did a Spybot yesterday too and it blocked my "Weather Bug" icon in my taskbar from loading at start-up. I didn't know that was the problem, so I uninstalled my Weather Bug and re-downloaded it. When it tried to install, I got a dialog box from Spybot owning up to it's bad behavior, lol. I had to choose to allow it before it would install.

PostPosted: 06/18/13 7:32 am • # 7 
Editorialist

Hey jab. My Weather Bug ran after I uninstalled/reinstalled because Spybot asked for permission. However it only ran that day. It still won't run on startup. I found this in the log:

15/06/2013 5:51:55 AM Allowed (based on user decision) value "WeatherEye" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup user entry!

But! I can't seem to do anything. Spybot says that I am not an administrator. I'm confused, because we've never actually set an administrator that I know of. Help!

PostPosted: 06/18/13 7:37 am • # 8 
Administrator

roseanne, try right-clicking on the spybot icon or link ~ you should get a choice to "run as administrator" ~ "run as administrator" just lets you make the changes you want ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/18/13 10:36 am • # 9 
Editorialist

I'll try that when I get home this evening. But........then what? I'm not sure I know what to do next lol. I think the program will guide me through it, since it's listed in the log. I'll let you and Jab know what happens.

What pisses me off is that it worked fine before the scan and it didn't even ASK me if I wanted to take it out of the "startup" menu. It just did that, after I updated the program. If I can't figure it out, I will do a restore. I think it's an "ActiveX" program.

PostPosted: 06/20/13 7:21 am • # 10 
Editorialist

Totally weird. When I got home that evening and started the computer, the app loaded, as it did everytime until this morning. Then I re-started the computer and it loaded.

I don't get the "run as administrator" option when I right click. :(

PostPosted: 06/26/13 3:54 pm • # 11 
Editorialist

Here's what is happening now. Sometimes my weather bug comes up, sometimes it doesn't. It's hit or miss. No rhyme or reason, so I'm not going to worry about it. :b

Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ] New Topic Add Reply