It is currently 04/28/24 11:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: sooz: Windows 7
PostPosted: 07/31/13 10:09 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Ok, I have my new computer at work with Windows 7. Do you have any pointers for me? It seems fairly straightforward, but I know there will be a learning curve.

Post subject: Re: sooz: Windows 7
PostPosted: 07/31/13 10:19 am • # 2 
Administrator

The ONLY problem I had, roseanne, was that some of the icons I use [favorites, etc] were on the left instead of on the right ~ I don't remember what I did but I did find a way to adjust that back to what I was used to [yes, I am definitely a creature of habit] ~ if it turns out to be a problem for you too, I can poke around and see how I did it ~ I've been using Win7 for over a year now and it seems to me a few other things were not where I expected them to be, but all were easily findable ~ I do remember with being impressed with how easy it was to adjust to Win7 ~

If you run into any specific problems, post or email me ~ happy to help if I can ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/31/13 4:28 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

I figured out how to do that sooz, but it show as "favorites" on the tool bar like the old IE. The only problem is that it won't let me do a tab for the link. I'll just stick to the right side.

PostPosted: 08/01/13 10:10 am • # 4 
Editorialist

LOL, I am LOVING this new computer. Going from 500mb to 4gb of RAM is fantastic!! Now, need to work more vigorously on getting a new one for home because I'm gonna be spoiled. I keep being startled when a window opens or closes quickly or when a d/l is fast. lol

My biggest problem so far is *duh* not figuring out how to open archived pdf. files. Hubby asked why I was so frustrated and then reminded me that I need to d/l the reader. One other minor problem is finding the delete key. Top right on the F row of keys.

PostPosted: 08/01/13 2:56 pm • # 5 
Editorialist

Another funny moment. The first time I minimized a window. It "disappeared"! :rollin
Only took me a couple of moment to find it, but I thought "did I close it?".

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply