It is currently 05/18/24 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/25/13 10:40 am • # 1 
Editorialist

ARRRRRRRRGH! Booted up my brand new laptop (with Win7) this morning and couldn't get internet, couldn't access anything stored on it like word documtments. Nothing. :angry Tried a few things like re-setting the router, re-booting the other computer and the new one, unplugged every cable, pulled the battery......

So, after calling the company who sold it to us and trying a few other things, I dragged out the old clunker XP laptop and connected just fine.

Then hubby took the new computer and plugged in every device/connection individually and tested it. Everything worked fine, printed documents, got internet, worked on direct cable and router cable, and then got an Avast update. Installed that, then rebooted and no connection, no word documents, nada. I think it's a boot problem. Maybe..but what do I know? :b If I did know, I wouldn't be working here. LOL!

The guy is coming by this afternoon. In the meantime, we are trying a few more things.

PostPosted: 09/25/13 4:06 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Man, can I relate. They just redid all our school computers this year. I lost all my stored files, kids worksheets that I had drawn up as well as a bunch of lesson plans and whole unit plans. my smartboard digital projector will not talk to the new computer, so right now it's a 3 grand waste of space in a classroom that can barely afford pencils. The new programs use cloud, which is administered by non school board personel, so we can't send anything confidential by email, or even type confidential material and store it (things like, summaries of kids academic strengths and weaknesses, lists of behavioural incidents--have to be written out by hand and not typed into the cloud). At the moment, I can't store ANYTHING, and am refusing on principal to turn off my computer at night. I'm leaving the files I want to keep up on the screen with the hopes that I can save them in the future.

I am so damn pissed off. :angry

Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ] New Topic Add Reply