It is currently 04/28/24 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: Many issues
PostPosted: 01/17/14 8:50 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I am having many issues today that started yesterday. Some of the games I play online won't load, but I don't get an error message. For instance, TextTwist at msn games. The box opens, there are some cookies that get loaded and then nothing. Blank.

The most aggrivating issue is that when I am on Google and hit the "back" button, which should take me back to my original search page with results, I get a blank Google page, so I have to re-enter my search.

Any ideas for both or either? This is all on Firefox, but I checked on IE and it won't open there either, although it shows hundreds playing the game in the little information bar. I do not know what program runs the games that aren't loading. Maybe Flash Player? I did a Java update already.

I have to admit that I haven't been updating anything lately. I forget how to check my Plug-ins for Firefox. :o

I'll try from work and see on IE there.........

Post subject: Re: Many issues
PostPosted: 01/17/14 9:09 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Ok, so I can't load TextTwist here at work either. Different ip, different computer. It must be MSN. **correction** It must be Text Twist (whoever provides the game to MSN), since other games on their site will load without a problem and I tried to access it from other sites.

I am able to enter a Google search, then go back to my original search after clicking on a link here on IE.

I think I need to update Firefox.

PostPosted: 01/17/14 10:50 am • # 3 
Administrator

roseanne, if you post a link to TextTwist, I'll try to access and report back ~ I'm using IE11 ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/17/14 11:28 am • # 4 
Editorialist

http://zone.msn.com/en/texttwist/defaul ... largames_2

PostPosted: 01/17/14 12:38 pm • # 5 
Administrator

FTR, my browser, java, and flash are all updated to current versions ~

When I clicked on the "free" version, it took me to a blank page with only sidebar ads/info ~ none of which suggested how to get the game to load ~

When I clicked "try free" on the download version, it included making yahoo my home page and wanted to make changes to my computer ~ so I aborted that try ~

Given my experience on the both "free" edition and the "free" d/l version, I'm thinking it could be a site problem ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/17/14 2:09 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Yeah, I'm think the same thing, especially since I can't access it from any other site. I have IE 11 here too. Thanks for checking.

Now, I need to figure out my Google problem. It's aggravating. I can't remember the last time I updated or got a reminder for Firefox, so I'll deal with that when I get home. Update my Plug-ins etc.

Oh! and I did determine that the game is run on Java, because I did get a prompt to update that on another site when I tried to play the game. lol I updated and THEN got the blank window. :b

PostPosted: 01/17/14 2:59 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

I'm using FF and it's working for me although it opens in a new window instead of a new tab for the game. I forgot how much I enjoyed that game.

PostPosted: 01/17/14 7:28 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Works for me now too! I play every morning to get the old synapses fired up. :)

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply