It is currently 05/18/24 4:39 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
PostPosted: 05/12/14 1:33 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

I am having a devil of a time receiving email from our Property Manager. Their office has their own server, which is Google based or so I've been told. What I know about servers would fit on a pin head.

Anyway, the manager got an email virus a few weeks ago that sent emails to everyone on his contact list. I opened the email, but did NOT click on the attachment. Just deleted it and let him know that his account had been hacked.

He had to re-set his Outlook (or something like that?).

Anyway, for some damn reason, I am not getting all of his emails, but only one every now and then. We get email routed from our internet service Webmail account. I've added his domain and his entire email address to the webmail account and to my Outlook as "trusted senders". Nothing has helped. I have turned off my email scan for my anti-virus program too.

It's a freaking nightmare, as we must communicate via email most of the time, as we need some "proof" of his approval of items.

Anyone have any ideas?

PostPosted: 05/19/14 11:51 am • # 2 
Editorialist

Hmm, as I TOLD the new manager, the problem was with his outlook account since I was getting email from everyone else, including from their server. I said it from the beginning, but he kept making me adjust all of my settings, including the webmail account. GRRRRRR.
I knew that since he'd had a bad virus on his outlook account, all it would take would be one small piece of coding to keep it corrupted. He finally wiped out the whole thing (which he didn't do the first time) and started over. So far, no problem.

PostPosted: 06/16/14 7:06 pm • # 3 
When they say it's you - it's them. ;)

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply