It is currently 05/18/24 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Oh Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaabra
PostPosted: 05/17/14 1:19 pm • # 1 
Administrator

I have a LOT of Big Fish games ~ I generally download the one[s] I'm playing and then remove them from my computer when I'm done ~ if I want to play a game again, I re-download it [which takes very little time] ~ my question is can I download the games to either a stick drive or a disc so that I can eliminate downloading/removing them?

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/17/14 3:42 pm • # 2 
Administrator

I'm sure you can. I use several hard drives and keep all my downloads off my C drive.

PostPosted: 05/17/14 5:08 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Great ~ I'll give it a try ~ thanks ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/19/14 7:19 am • # 4 
Editorialist

I have a question or two..... Just how many games do you have sooz? I have about 40 or so and they only took up a tiny bit of my old, tiny hard drive. :g Barely even registers on my new one. lol

PostPosted: 05/19/14 9:19 am • # 5 
Administrator

I must have over 65, roseanne ~ when I first joined BigFishGames, it made sense to me to "store" my purchases at BigFish just in case of a computer crash ~ so I got into the habit of downloading games to play, deleting those games from my computer when I finished, and then redownloading the games if I wanted to play again ~ it's a fairly fast process to redownload ~ but I seem to be racking up monthly credits I'm not using regularly because, IMO, too many BigFishGames today are vampire-ish and/or eerie and/or violent ~ I'm not sure I'll still have access to my BigFish account if I suspend my membership, and I'm now thinking to drop the games onto a disk makes sense ~

Does any of that make sense? ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/19/14 11:46 am • # 6 
Editorialist

If you are talking about the "club", I've never been a member since I think I would find myself in your shoes. Too many credits and nothing to do with them. I still have a log-in account for purchases and that stays on my game console with my "purchase history". I d/l them as I want to play them too, then delete. So, you won't lose your purchase history just because you forego your club membership. No need to store on external drive, as they are stored at Big Fish :D

PostPosted: 05/19/14 6:39 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

One more thing. I've found that if I wait long enough, I get a lot of games for $2.99 anyway when they run specials. The club membership is good if you want to purchase right away, but that's it. I usually don't buy CEs either.

PostPosted: 05/19/14 7:44 pm • # 8 
Administrator

Good info, roseanne ~ thanks ~ I didn't know I could keep a "live account" without the club ~ I hope it works if I suspend a membership ~ games as a member are cheaper [$6.99 vs $9.99], which was terrific when I first joined and was buying games every month ~ the BigFish buyer/developer is on a "dark streak" with the vampires and violence ~ so I end up with 5+ credits in my account, which are getting harder and harder to use ~ I'd be better off just paying the $10 for the games I want ~ and yes, I watch the "daily $2.99 specials" too, but not all games are offered that way ~

FTR, I don't buy the CEs either ~ nor do I buy the "strategy guides" [which REALLY piss me off] ~

Lately, I've been on a "Big City Adventure" jag ~ if you haven't tried them, they are pure HOGs, with a puzzle between each round ~ and some [but not all] rounds are very challenging ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 05/19/14 8:01 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

Just before I read this, I was playing Big City Adventure Vancouver, LOL! I like those too. That and the old Mystery Case Files (Prime Suspects, Huntsville et al)
I promise you won't "lose" your games if you quit the club. I once "signed up" inadvertently when I bought some games on special. As soon as I realized it, I quit and nothing on my console changed. :D

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply