It is currently 05/19/24 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: HELP!
PostPosted: 09/14/14 6:57 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

Ok. Trying to access my hotmail acct from tablet via WiFi. They want to verify my account by sending a code to my other hotmail account where they want to verify that acct by sending a code to my gmail acct that wants to verify my acct by sending a code to my second hotmail acct.

IOW I can't access ANY of my email accounts to get the codes for the other accounts.
The
Any suggestions other than tossing the tablet out the window? Same thing with trying to accessfrom phone grrrrrrr

Post subject: Re: HELP!
PostPosted: 09/14/14 7:33 pm • # 2 
Administrator

roseanne, did you give Hotmail a contact phone number OTHER than your home landline? ~ if the answer is "yes", you can get the code delivered to that phone number ~ if the answer is "no", you might need to call msn for help ~ let me know if you need me to find the msn contact phone number ~

This won't help you, but you just convinced me to use my cell number for Hotmail [not my landline] ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/14/14 8:33 pm • # 3 
Administrator

What a mess! Maybe some 12 year-old hacker could fix it for you on the fly. Hotmail and the others aren't known for their great security features.
But why does gmail want to verify anything if you have ID and password?

PostPosted: 09/15/14 4:16 am • # 4 
Editorialist

Sooz I refuse to give them a phone number. I get enough calls "Hi. I am sharon your google representative" no matter how many times I block the numbers.

Jab I don't know any 12 yr old hackers. I dontknow why gmail is doing it too. Hubby had that problem on his phone. He says that once we are home I can log in from the pc so I guess I'll have to wait.

PostPosted: 09/15/14 4:31 am • # 5 
Editorialist

One more thing. I was able to access them the night before without a problem. Go figure.

PostPosted: 09/15/14 8:05 am • # 6 
Administrator

roseanne, the ONLY time msn has ever called me is when I couldn't remember my password and needed a code ~ the call is virtually instantaneous after clicking that option ~ in addition, msn has added some kind of voluntary 2d layer of security ~ after you enter your password you enter another on-file code to prove you're you no matter what device or connection you're using ~ given your experience, I'm now considering that too ~

Since your connection worked the first night, I'd keep trying it wherever you are ~ it could've been some kind of glitch where you were ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/15/14 2:26 pm • # 7 
Editorialist

Sooz its kinda hard tokeep a motel wifi connection when you are moving on down the road! Lol. Havent tried it here yet......just got in so will try later.

PostPosted: 09/16/14 8:01 am • # 8 
Editorialist

I was finally able to log into my gmail with my secret question. Thank goodness i remembered the answer. Got the code for one hotmail then got the code for the other hotmail. Lol. What a production!

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply