It is currently 05/18/24 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: Windows 7
PostPosted: 06/19/09 3:01 am • # 1 
Administrator

Has anybody done this upgrade yet? ~ or do you intend to do the upgrade? ~ the reviews I've been reading are VERY positive ~ but most are pointing out the improvements from Vista, and I'm wedded to XP Pro ~ so I'm not sure this is a leap I want to make ~ at least not this early ~ I'll appreciate any opinions, especially from our "techy guys" FeatheredFish and Jab and derag ~

Sooz

*** Edited to change title to Windows 7 [which I confused with IE8] ~ Sooz

Last edited by sooz06 on 06/19/09 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06/19/09 4:27 am • # 2 
Internet Explorer is like smoking.
It's a habit that's bad for you that some people can't break. Image

PostPosted: 06/19/09 4:31 am • # 3 
For the record though ...
I did install it, but the only time I use it is to check browser compatibility when putting web pages together.

PostPosted: 06/19/09 4:40 am • # 4 
Administrator

FF, are you talking about Windows 7 [I had mistakenly called it Windows 8 in the title before editing] or IE8 ~ or both?

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/19/09 4:42 am • # 5 
Administrator

PostPosted: 06/19/09 4:45 am • # 6 
sooz08 wrote:
FF, are you talking about Windows 7 [I had mistakenly called it Windows 8 in the title before editing] or IE8 ~ or both?

Sooz
IE8

PostPosted: 06/19/09 4:49 am • # 7 
Administrator

Okay ~ that part is settled ~ I'm not anxious to download IE8 ~ but what do you know/hear about WINDOWS7, which is being released within the next couple of weeks?

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/19/09 4:50 am • # 8 
Administrator

sooz08 wrote:

Okay ~ that part is settled ~ I'm not anxious to download IE8 ~ but what do you know/hear about WINDOWS7, which is being released within the next couple of weeks?

Sooz

Never ever be one of the first ones to become a test rat for Bill.

PostPosted: 06/19/09 4:55 am • # 9 
jabra2 wrote:
Never ever be one of the first ones to become a test rat for Bill.

Agreed, this is my attitude to all things technical.
First release of anything from software to synthesisers has all of the expense and all of the bugs.

PostPosted: 06/19/09 9:57 am • # 10 
Never ever be one of the first ones to become a test rat for Bill. .....Agreed, they sent me a beta version of Vista to check-out. Pretty desktop, nothing else worked, audio, printers, etc as there weren't any drivers available. They sent me a link to a discussion group where everyone else was having the same problems....luck to ya...although my thoughts are if they're allowing the general public to download I'm thinking you shouldn't have as many of those problems....but again...luck to ya.

PostPosted: 07/08/09 1:58 pm • # 11 
If you are still running XP, you don't want to run out and get Windows 7. From what I've heard, they only offer the minimally discounted upgrade version if you're upgrading from Vista, not from XP, so you'd have to pay full price. The reviews I've been reading basically conclude that people running Vista will be willing to pay to get rid of it, but it's not worth upgrading from XP. The main reason is that the older machines running XP really won't be that compatible with Windows 7, so it's not worth it to run on them. Maybe, eventually, when everyone else is using it, and upgrades are deeply discounted for XP to Windows 7, it'll be cheap enough to be worth the risk of limited functionality, but more likely, by then it'll just be time to buy a new computer (I recommend a Mac [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]).

PostPosted: 07/08/09 2:11 pm • # 12 
Google are currently working on an operating system. That could get interesting.

Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ] New Topic Add Reply