It is currently 05/18/24 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Jab, an update failed
PostPosted: 07/30/15 5:57 pm • # 1 
Administrator

I check Microsoft updates daily to keep up with my Microsoft Security Essentials ~ yesterday, there were 2 Intel "optional" updates offered ~ I tried to snag those, but both updates "failed" from "an unidentified error" ~ I followed the links provided and something [don't remember what] was "corrected" ~ when I got up this morning, I checked updates and the 2 Intel "optional" updates were again offered ~ I again tried to snag those but again both failed ~ I was able to successfully install a Microsoft Security Essential update just now ~

Any idea what might be going on or suggestions for what I should try? ~ the 2 Intel updates are "Intel Management Engine Interface" and "Intel Active Management Technology - SOL" ~

DAMN! ~ when I just went into my update history to get the name of the 2 failed Intel updates, I see there is now "Upgrade to Windows 10 Home" failure noted! ~ that must be from MSN trying to download it to make it available for whenever I decided to upgrade ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/30/15 7:11 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

On my start menu and "all programs", I now have a "Windows Anytime Upgrade" icon. will check it out later, but assume it's the Win10 thingy. Sorry for using such technical terms........ :lol

PostPosted: 07/31/15 2:09 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Do you have the update definition numbers?
There are already 8 definition updates for MS security essentials KB2310138 since 7/23/2015
Looks like Microsoft is experimenting a little until they get it right.

Look in your update history if any got installed successfully so far.

PostPosted: 07/31/15 3:01 pm • # 4 
Administrator

All of the security essentials updates [updates to 11 definitions since July 23] have updated successfully ~ what updates have failed are the 2 Intel "optional updates" [noted in the op above] and every try at the "Upgrade to Windows 10 Home" [twice yesterday and 3 times so far today] ~ those Win10 upgrade tries have to be being done by MSN/Microsoft to have it in place for whenever I choose to change to Win10 ~ but it deeply concerns me that that is not holding ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/31/15 3:12 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I totally had a brain fart with my post above. :hmm

I noticed my error when I read your email.

PostPosted: 08/03/15 9:26 am • # 6 
Administrator

I have had +/- a dozen "fails" on "Upgrade to Windows 10" from MSN in the past few days ~ so this morning, I asked myself "what would Jabra do?" ~ then I asked Google what the "error" number [80240020] meant ~ WHEW! ~ it's a very common issue this early and will eventually correct itself ~ the answers [from Microsoft] also give instructions on how to fix it ourselves if we're anxious to update ~ I'm NOT ... and now I'm content to wait ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply