It is currently 05/25/24 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
PostPosted: 07/09/09 4:16 pm • # 1 
Live Chat Info

Live Chat appears to occasionally throw it's toys out of the pram and I thought it may be worthwhile clarifying the situation regarding our ability to address these frustrating incidents and to reassure you that no-one here is trying to mess with your head, (this may not apply to the main boards of course). Image

The Chat client is an entirely separate Java applet which the admins of Yuku boards have no ability to effect, beyond the setting of basic moderation levels.

Below is the sum and total of the Chat control panel available to owners and admins

This leaves our hands tied in terms of resolving issues as and when they arise.

We only have the one option, which is to; close chat, delete it, then re-active the applet. That in itself is a desperate, "fingers crossed" procedure with no certainty of a satisfactory outcome.

Yuku advises that dial-up users may experience difficulties either with random bootings or having to access chat through a posted link.
They also recommend that dial-up users close other programs prior to accessing chat.

Please keep us advised of any difficulties you experience with chat and we'll pass them along to Yuku but it is highly unlikely we can resolve them at the time they arise.

I hope this helps in some way to explain the situation and yes we agree, it's still frustrating!

PostPosted: 07/09/09 11:42 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Thanks for the op, FF ~ bottom line, whenever I've reported/asked about issues with chat to yuku, they can make suggestions but they can't actually DO anything ~ I'm guessing that making sure we have the latest java updates might help, right?

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/12/09 11:35 am • # 3 
Since you've pinned this thread to the top, perhaps this is a good place to post the direct link to chat for easy access by those who don't see it on the main board due to using dial-up connections?

PostPosted: 07/12/09 11:46 am • # 4 
Click Me

PostPosted: 07/13/09 2:15 am • # 5 
Wow, couldn't miss that button when I arrived today! [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]

PostPosted: 07/13/09 2:23 am • # 6 
Calluna wrote:
Wow, couldn't miss that button when I arrived today! [img]/domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/happy.gif[/img]
That was the idea.
The arrows are temporary. They're just there to annoy sooz. Image

PostPosted: 07/13/09 2:31 am • # 7 
Administrator

LMAO, FF ~ I ask again: did your mother ever tell you that paybacks can be hell? ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/13/09 2:35 am • # 8 
She illustrated this lesson by deftly launching her wooden soled, Scholl sandals at high velocity in my direction.
Some of us are just slow learners. Image

PostPosted: 10/05/09 1:21 pm • # 9 
Editorialist

FF- when i click the button, i don't show up in the chat monitor.
when i click chat, i do.

Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ] New Topic Add Reply