It is currently 03/28/24 10:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Copying old paper photos
PostPosted: 05/29/16 10:44 pm • # 1 
Editorialist

This weekend sibs and I went through boxes of old family photos, some from the 1920s. I wanted to email some to sis in Biloxi. My iPad reproduced them beautifully - sharp resolution and accurate color, great reproduction of the black & whites. Very easy cropping. Time from pushing the "shutter" button to arriving, edited and cropped, in Biloxi: about 90 seconds. Great machine.

PostPosted: 05/30/16 8:14 am • # 2 
Editorialist

grampatom wrote:
This weekend sibs and I went through boxes of old family photos, some from the 1920s. I wanted to email some to sis in Biloxi. My iPad reproduced them beautifully - sharp resolution and accurate color, great reproduction of the black & whites. Very easy cropping. Time from pushing the "shutter" button to arriving, edited and cropped, in Biloxi: about 90 seconds. Great machine.

Cool gramps! Before I came to Canada and before there were iPhones or iPads, my bro and I scanned all of our old photos to my computer and burned them on discs. Gave one to all the family members and brought two with me. Of course today, I would just put them on a USB flash drive lol! My how things have changed in just 13 years.

Youngest daughter, who has very few print pictures lost all of hers when their computer crashed a few years ago. Luckily, they were recovered, but she quickly put them on a USB drive and has them stored in their safety deposit box with new ones transferred regularly. At one time I kept my negatives in a safety deposit box after a friends house burned and she lost all of her photos. Besides a life, photos are one of the most precious things you can't replace.

PostPosted: 06/05/16 8:38 pm • # 3 
Editorialist

Good idea, Roseanne, saving them in safety dep. box. Trouble is, we're of an age where we'epre the only ones who remember who the folks in the old pictures are, or care. The kids don't care about great aunt Minnie.

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply