It is currently 03/28/24 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ]
 Post subject: Anyone else having ...
PostPosted: 06/30/16 10:04 am • # 1 
Administrator

a problem with a pop-up window that says [something like] "this site recommends you update Flash Player"? ~ the message does not appear to be from Adobe ~ there is usually no way to "X" out of the message so you have to restart ~ sometimes there is an "X" but when I click that "X", I get first a message that says "are you sure you want to leave this page", and when I click "yes" there's another message that lets me choose "don't allow this site to send more messages" ... which I obviously click ~

This started a few days ago ~ I've run a number of scans [ASC, Malwarebytes] and all scans come up clean ~ I checked the Adobe Flash site, which says Flash is included with Edge ~ but come to think about it, it's only happened when I'm using Edge ~ I think I'll switch to Opera or FireFox and see if it happens with those 2 browsers ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/30/16 10:49 am • # 2 
Administrator

I think I'm gonna include in my consultation contracts any user using edge. :D

No, no pop-up in Firefox.

PostPosted: 06/30/16 11:37 am • # 3 
Administrator

See, Jab? ~ I'm helping you build your tech consultation business ~ :b

The pop-up doesn't seem to be a problem with Opera or with FireFox, altho I can't seem to copy/paste photos using either of those 2 ~ instead of right clicking and getting the "jpg code", I only get an option to "copy photo" ~ when I try to insert the photo, I get bupkis ... nothing shows up ~ getting only a "copy photo" option happens in Edge too, but it seems to work in Edge ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/30/16 2:34 pm • # 4 
In Firefox, you can go to "Tools > Page Info" and click on the "Media" tab. You'll get a list of all the media on the page. Select the first one on the list and use the "Down" arrow key to scroll down to the image you're looking for - it'll show up in the window below the list along with the full URL for the image. Copy the URL and paste it in this message board's tags...

PostPosted: 06/30/16 2:35 pm • # 5 
Also... those prompts to upgrade Flash are phishing sites. If you need to upgrade Flash you can go to Adobe to do so.

Another Note: Flash is slowly going out the window so there may not be any new versions available.

PostPosted: 06/30/16 3:00 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

Welcome to Win10 sooz? :lol

PostPosted: 06/30/16 3:09 pm • # 7 
Administrator

Sidartha wrote:
In Firefox, you can go to "Tools > Page Info" and click on the "Media" tab. You'll get a list of all the media on the page. Select the first one on the list and use the "Down" arrow key to scroll down to the image you're looking for - it'll show up in the window below the list along with the full URL for the image. Copy the URL and paste it in this message board's tags...

Sounds easy enough ... BUT I don't see a Tools choice on FireFox ~ I've got an Options choice, but no Tools ~ :g ~ where do I look, Sid?

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/06/16 8:03 am • # 8 

PostPosted: 07/06/16 8:14 am • # 9 
Administrator

Thanks, Sid ~ but I don't have that toolbar at the top ~ :g ~ I'll try to find where I can add it ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/06/16 8:25 am • # 10 
Administrator

VOILA! ~ found/added toolbar ~ now I can follow your instructions above to add photos ~ THANKS!!!

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/06/16 11:16 am • # 11 
:D

PostPosted: 07/06/16 11:29 am • # 12 
Administrator

Actually, it's even easier than your instructions, Sid ~ if I right click on a photo, I get an option to "see" the code ~ and if I choose that option, it goes directly to your last step ~ it also provides a small picture of the highlighted code ~ sweet!

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/06/16 5:50 pm • # 13 
Sometimes you won't get that menu because the site has a "right-click" JavaScript lockout.

Page 1 of 1   [ 13 posts ] New Topic Add Reply