It is currently 03/28/24 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: TO ALL VoC MEMBERS
PostPosted: 07/30/16 10:29 am • # 1 
Administrator

On both Thursday and yesterday, I had a problem getting into VoC ~ it was late afternoon on Thursday and @830p yesterday ~ no problems earlier ~ on Thursday, I ran scans and everything came up clean ~ I checked the DreamHost status and there were no alerts that should've been affecting VoC ~ I kept trying and was able to get back into VoC after being shut out for +/- 20 minutes ~

When the same thing happened last night, I again ran scans [which again came up clean] and again checked DreamHost status [which again showed no alerts that might have been affecting VoC] ~ then I emailed Jab and he replied that he too couldn't get in for a while but was back in at that moment ~ so I tried and I got back into VoC too ~

If any VoC members experience any "oddities" with how VoC is working, PLEASE ALERT Jab and me as soon as you can, giving us as much detail as possible [day/time] ~ DreamHost is very prompt in replying to requests for help ~

Sooz

Post subject: Re: TO ALL VoC MEMBERS
PostPosted: 07/30/16 7:37 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
On both Thursday and yesterday, I had a problem getting into VoC ~ it was late afternoon on Thursday and @830p yesterday ~ no problems earlier ~ on Thursday, I ran scans and everything came up clean ~ I checked the DreamHost status and there were no alerts that should've been affecting VoC ~ I kept trying and was able to get back into VoC after being shut out for +/- 20 minutes ~

When the same thing happened last night, I again ran scans [which again came up clean] and again checked DreamHost status [which again showed no alerts that might have been affecting VoC] ~ then I emailed Jab and he replied that he too couldn't get in for a while but was back in at that moment ~ so I tried and I got back into VoC too ~

If any VoC members experience any "oddities" with how VoC is working, PLEASE ALERT Jab and me as soon as you can, giving us as much detail as possible [day/time] ~ DreamHost is very prompt in replying to requests for help ~

Sooz

I had the same problem last night for about 20 minutes. Checked with "Site Down" and it said VoC was down, and gave various reasons which could have been at fault.

PostPosted: 07/30/16 7:46 pm • # 3 
Administrator

Thanks, KB ~ are you willing to share a link to "Site Down"? ~ sounds like it would be handy to have ~

Jab, do you think KB's experience is something I should report to DreamHost? ~ and do you know anything about "Site Down" [which I've never heard of]?

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/30/16 8:08 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
Thanks, KB ~ are you willing to share a link to "Site Down"? ~ sounds like it would be handy to have ~

Jab, do you think KB's experience is something I should report to DreamHost? ~ and do you know anything about "Site Down" [which I've never heard of]?

Sooz

Here it is sooz, http://www.websitedown.info/

Edited to add - I just noticed you have this as a link up above as 'website down'. . I just saved it as site down when I did it a long time ago.

PostPosted: 07/30/16 8:47 pm • # 5 
Administrator

Thanks, KB ~ I saved the link ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply