It is currently 03/28/24 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: 01/14/17 10:19 am • # 1 
Editorialist

I use IObit regularly, but recently there have been problems with the Windows updater. Every time we run it and it automatically installs a Windows update, it screws with all of my settings. I even get a dialog box about AMD driver and have no audio. This also happened when I tried to use the driver update program, so I uninstalled that. I have to do a restore to get everything back to normal.

Is there any setting on IObit that will prevent the Windows update? I looked, but can't find it. Also, would I have more control if I go to the Pro version? I love IObit and want to continue to use it, but this is getting aggravating.

Thanks for any advice.

PostPosted: 01/14/17 10:40 am • # 2 
Administrator

I use Iobit, too, and had no problems with it. I don't think Iobit is your problem.
Now, Windows updates drive me crazy. It screws up my settings, too and I still don't know how I can stop Microsoft's assault on MY pc.
I doubt Iobit Pro would make a difference. Save that money.

PostPosted: 01/14/17 11:12 am • # 3 
Administrator

I use the Pro version for both ASC and Driver Updater ~ I upgraded to Pro on both when there was a "sale" ~ think I paid something like $5/year for the ASC upgrade and maybe $3/year for the Driver Updater upgrade ~ I rely heavily on both of them ~

I have only had occasional problems with Win10 updates when a "restart" is involved ~ the "restart" seems to wipe out some [but not all] of my personal settings ... usually limited to signing me out of programs I regularly stay signed in to since I'm the only one who uses my computer ~ but I confess I still have Jabra on "speed dial" as a security measure ~ :b

Sooz

PostPosted: 01/14/17 1:58 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
I use Iobit, too, and had no problems with it. I don't think Iobit is your problem.
Now, Windows updates drive me crazy. It screws up my settings, too and I still don't know how I can stop Microsoft's assault on MY pc.
I doubt Iobit Pro would make a difference. Save that money.

Ok, let me explain. I have my PC set so that W updates are ONLY downloaded and installed with my approval upon notification. BUT IObit d/l them automatically when I run a scan and then they install whenever I restart my computer. That's when we are having problems and wonder if I can change that in IObit.

When I do a restore, it's always a damn Windows update something or other crap program. Like "Windows <> tool" Grrrrr.

Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ] New Topic Add Reply