It is currently 03/28/24 7:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: New problem ~ FIXED!
PostPosted: 11/02/17 2:17 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Anyone else that's using AdBlock Plus noticing a BIG uptick in ads showing? ~ no matter where I land, there are now many ads on every page ~ :g

Jab, any suggestions?

Sooz

Post subject: Re: New problem
PostPosted: 11/03/17 9:03 am • # 2 
Administrator

No one else using AdBlocker Plus or no one else seeing an enormous uptick in ads everywhere?

Both AlterNet and ThinkProgress had editorial comments suggesting the uptick could be because of how Google changed its algorithm to fight "fake news" ~ neither clearly defined how that would work, but both were also begging for $$$ to "fight back" ~ today, the uptick landed on RawStory, both on the landing page and within the posts ~ it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

Sooz

PostPosted: 11/03/17 11:17 am • # 3 
Editorialist

sooz06 wrote:
No one else using AdBlocker Plus or no one else seeing an enormous uptick in ads everywhere?

Both AlterNet and ThinkProgress had editorial comments suggesting the uptick could be because of how Google changed its algorithm to fight "fake news" ~ neither clearly defined how that would work, but both were also begging for $$$ to "fight back" ~ today, the uptick landed on RawStory, both on the landing page and within the posts ~ it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING!

Sooz

I just have regular ad blocker and never see any ads on here or elsewhere. The only thing that is happening more is many sites tell me to shut off my ad blocker, as they pay for their site by ads. I ignore the requests. .

Edited to add. . I double checked and I do have Ad Blocker Plus. .

PostPosted: 11/29/17 3:26 pm • # 4 
I had one site that shut me out because I wouldn't turn off my Ad Block or Private Browsing.

Post subject: Re: New problem ~ FIXED!
PostPosted: 12/04/17 9:37 am • # 5 
Administrator

TODAY'S PSA: For those of you using either the Firefox or Chrome browsers [and others, including Edge, Opera, Safari, etc], I'm finding the new uBlock Origin is far superior to AdBlockPlus ~ I'm [currently] one happy camper!

I'm no longer drowning in ads on ANY sites and my ASC scan numbers have been minimized from [literally] thousands of "privacy" hits to single digits ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply