It is currently 03/28/24 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Gateway timeout?
PostPosted: 07/24/18 7:38 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Since yesterday I have gotten the gateway time-out several times when trying to access the site. Also, many times it goes no where when i click on the site itself - just a white page or not even that - when clicking nothing happens. Anyone else having problems?

Post subject: Re: Gateway timeout?
PostPosted: 07/24/18 8:20 am • # 2 
Administrator

I got a Gateway timeout last night ~ it lasted for about 10 minutes or so ~ but once I got back in, everything has been fine ~ hopefully, jabra will be able to explain what's going on when this happens ~

Please keep reporting any problems, folks, so that we can follow up ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/24/18 10:58 am • # 3 
Administrator

Most of the time, a 504 Gateway Timeout error means that whatever other server is taking so long that it's "timing out," is probably down or not working properly.

Since this error is usually a network error between servers on the internet or an issue with an actual server, the problem probably is not with your computer, device, or internet connection.

That said, there are a few things you can try, just in case:

How to Fix the 504 Gateway Timeout Error
Retry the web page by clicking the refresh/reload button, pressing F5, or trying the URL from the address bar again.
Even though the 504 Gateway Timeout error is reporting an error outside of your control, the error might only be temporary. Simply retrying the page is a quick and easy thing to try.

PostPosted: 07/24/18 4:54 pm • # 4 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
Most of the time, a 504 Gateway Timeout error means that whatever other server is taking so long that it's "timing out," is probably down or not working properly.

Since this error is usually a network error between servers on the internet or an issue with an actual server, the problem probably is not with your computer, device, or internet connection.

That said, there are a few things you can try, just in case:

How to Fix the 504 Gateway Timeout Error
Retry the web page by clicking the refresh/reload button, pressing F5, or trying the URL from the address bar again.
Even though the 504 Gateway Timeout error is reporting an error outside of your control, the error might only be temporary. Simply retrying the page is a quick and easy thing to try.

Thanks, Jab. . I did those things, but did not work. The only thing that did was just waiting it out and trying later. It was on and off- glad to say has not happened since this morning. . .

PostPosted: 07/25/18 6:19 am • # 5 
Administrator

Sometimes our server can't change what happens on the way from and to your computer. That's just life in a congested internet infrastructure.

PostPosted: 07/25/18 7:24 am • # 6 
Editorialist

jabra2 wrote:
Sometimes our server can't change what happens on the way from and to your computer. That's just life in a congested internet infrastructure.

Thanks to you though, I know it is nothing major and will resolve itself :)

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply