It is currently 05/18/24 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: 09/19/09 10:13 am • # 1 
What do yous Guyz think of Free On-Line Computer Data Back-Up Systems ... Thumbs up or Down ... Even !! Image

http://mozy.com/

PostPosted: 09/19/09 1:18 pm • # 2 
I back-up everything on DVD. I don't like the idea of backing up my files to some else's hard drive... I'll pass....

PostPosted: 09/19/09 1:25 pm • # 3 
Kinda what I thought too intuitively .... Seduction game being played by these guyz that try to hide stuff in a disguyz of freebies of sorts ... Thanks for your response on the issue ... Even !! Image

PostPosted: 09/19/09 7:45 pm • # 4 
I'd favour physical back-up too for anything of importance ini.

The Net is far too transient to depend upon imo.
You store all your critical files to an outfit like this, then just when you really need them you discover the site is no longer there because the business folded.

If tempted, my suggestions would be;
1) Find a second online storage offer and back-up your files to both sites.

2) Zip and password lock all your business, personal and/or financial files and folders prior to running the online back-up.
The company may be honest but that's no guarantee all of it's employees are or that it's online security is resilient enough.

PostPosted: 09/20/09 12:43 am • # 5 
Thank You

PostPosted: 09/20/09 1:13 am • # 6 
There's another issue to think about as well... I visited the site and they want you to download their software in order to do the uploads for your files. I don't trust that idea either because I would have no idea if their software didn't come with some nice little functions like keyloggers or trojans that can be used to spy on your computer activities. It would be easy for them to track such things as passwords and other lockouts because the software could just as easily upload that data as you store your private information. I don't recommend using this "service" at all.

PostPosted: 09/20/09 5:32 am • # 7 
Key Logging is definitely possible Tracking Disadvantage ... Trust me ... I am Free 2 Gigabytes of stealing your Identity and personal info ... NO LOLOL here ...Even !! Image

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply