It is currently 05/13/24 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Avast went nuts >>>Sooz
PostPosted: 12/02/09 8:06 pm • # 1 
Administrator

Avast went nuts tonight after an automatic update of their AV definitions. Every software written in Delphi was flagged as containing the Win32:DELF-MZG trojan horse. Everything from Antimalwarebytes to Spybot was flagged.
A little while ago Avast released a corrected update and all is well again. No infections. All warnings were false positives.

Time for bed, I guess. Image

PostPosted: 12/02/09 9:08 pm • # 2 
Don't you just hate it when your computer reminds you who's the real master? Image

Nite mate. Image

PostPosted: 12/03/09 3:17 am • # 3 
Administrator

Thanks, Jab ~ I just read your replies to my "HELP" message ~ damn, LOTS of sirens and I particularly loved the "don't panic" message from Avast ~ Image

Sooz

PostPosted: 12/03/09 3:20 am • # 4 
Administrator

Issue

On Thursday 3.12. 2009 avast! had a bad false positive issue. At around 12:15 AM GMT we released VPS update 091203-0 which started flagging hundreds of innocent files as a 'Win32:Delf-MZG' Trojan (or, in less common cases, as 'Win32:Zbot-MKK). Among the files affected were high-profile programs produced by Adobe, Realtek, sound card drivers, various media players etc.

Solution

On Thursday 3.12. 2009 at 5:50 AM GMT, another VPS update 091203-1 was released, fixing the issue (for both 'Win32:Delf-MZG and Win32:Zbot-MKK). If you're still using the bad VPS 091203-0 we recommend to invoke a VPS update immediately. To restore false positive files from avast! Virus Chest please follow the instruction in the following article:

Restoring false positive file from Virus Chest?

Those who have not used their computers between 12:15 AM GMT and 5:50 AM GMT will most likely not be affected.

http://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=k ... icleid=377

PostPosted: 12/04/09 9:58 am • # 5 
Then again, Delphi software can only suck, so it was probably a good thing you were alerted of its presence.

Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ] New Topic Add Reply