It is currently 05/18/24 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
PostPosted: 04/21/10 2:51 am • # 1 
As you know, Jimwilliam and Butterfly asked me to be their minister for the wedding.  I wanted to do a couple of readings, in addition to the actual marriage ceremony (Jimwilliam and Butterfly will be writing their own vows) but I'm wondering if the readings can be c&p into chat?  Otherwise, I'll have to skip them because it would take too long to type it all out.

PostPosted: 04/21/10 3:12 am • # 2 
Administrator

Obviously, I'm not FF or Jab ~ Image ~ but why don't you try c/p'g something/anything into chat and see if it works? ~ I do think there is a character limit per chat post tho ~ I'll try to track that down for you, pic ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 04/21/10 3:33 am • # 3 
Yes you can GP. There is a character limit though so you may need to pre-cut your readings in note pad to suit.

Here is as much as it allowed me to c/p in the test I just ran you can use as a guide.

LONDON, April 20 (Xinhua) -- The leader of one of Britain's most important political parties said on Tuesday that the
"special relationship" between Britain and the United States was a relic of a bygone age and needed reassessing.

The Liberal Democrat leader Nick Clegg, who has been the star so far of the campaign in the run-up to the general election on May 6, told a
press briefing in central London, "There have been very profound differences between ourselves and the Americans, particularly at the heigh

PostPosted: 04/21/10 3:51 am • # 4 
Thanks, Sooz and FF.  I'll test it out now.

PostPosted: 04/21/10 3:58 am • # 5 
While we were on the topic I tested the back-up (red button) chat as well

The character limit is much less than Yuku chat and it drops line returns. (Which kinda sucks tbh).

Here's the result ........
LONDON, April 20 (Xinhua) -- The leader of one of Britain's most important political parties said on Tuesday that the
"special relationship" between Britain and the United States was a relic of a bygone age and needed reassessing.
The Liberal Democrat l

PostPosted: 04/21/10 4:28 am • # 6 
Thanks for checking that out FF.  I did a test drive of both of the readings I'd like to do and it worked.  I had to break one down into six sections and the other into three.  Actually, I think that works out well because it's much easier to read and digest three or four lines at a time than to have to wade through a long piece at once.  I pm'd Jimwilliam to let him and Butterfly know so they can decide what they want to do about their own vows since that was a concern of his.

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply