It is currently 05/18/24 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: 06/27/10 2:07 am • # 1 
Editorialist

sooz, jab.....whoever. Just wanted you to know that I got that damn prompt for an anti-virus program when I logged onto here. I actually think it's a Yuku thing. Anyway, I always outsmart it and shut down lol, but that's a PITA

PostPosted: 06/27/10 2:21 am • # 2 
Administrator

Thanks for letting us know, roseanne ~ I'm not so sure it's a yuku thing vs a browser thing ~ there have been complaints that it might be attached to yuku's "daily video", which is part of their paid ads ~ but we're a "gold" community ~ you shouldn't be getting ANY pop-ups or ads here ~ what browser are you using? ~ I'll wait for Jab and FF to comment before I report it to yuku ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/27/10 4:38 am • # 3 
Now way you should have encountered that here.

I suggest you....

Download and run;

PostPosted: 06/27/10 4:51 am • # 4 
Editorialist

LOL FF. I run IE (don't know which incarnation.......I looked on properties and it doesn't say)  I have this love-hate realtionship to IE, because it's familiar. You will understand when you get old like me, rofl. Familiar is good. New is bad. Mkay? Sell me on Firefox and I'll try it.

Thanks for the links. I did run my Shaw Secure which is usually good at catching things, even before they d/l. I'll run and do the one's you posted just to be safe.

sooz, it may have been from CEII, as I had just been there and navigated to here. Strangely enough when I logged on here, it took me to CEII and Shera's profile!! I had looked at it much earlier because something I read here. And lately there are times I feel I am at "Hotel California" I can check out, but I can never leave. LOL Yuku needs to get on the stick with some fixes.

PostPosted: 06/27/10 5:07 am • # 5 
Administrator

roseanne, it's much safer to NOT rely on just one scan ~ different scans use different definitions ~ I regularly run Malwarebytes at least once a month and Spybot more often than that ~ and be sure to check for updates each time you run a scan ~ free versions usually don't update automatically ~

I'm also curious [and hope FF will magically appear again] about your log-in "adventure" ~ that makes no sense to me ~

FF, Jab and pic are all strong advocates for FireFox ~ I admit I too am slow to totally give up IE ~ and you're right, it's the familiarity ~ I have to spend more time with FireFox ~ but no matter what, if you haven't updated IE in a while, at a minimum update to IE8 which is a vast improvement over earlier versions in terms of security ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 06/27/10 7:39 am • # 6 
Editorialist

Ok, I d/l Malware and Spybot plus IE 8.  I updated all and ran the scans. Malware found one Trojan something or other, lol.

I have a question about the Spybot. What exactly is the "Resident" and what does it do? Do I really need it? Should it be in my taskbar at all times? 

BTW, pardon my rudeness. Thanks for your help FF and sooz!!!

PostPosted: 06/27/10 8:43 am • # 7 
Spybot's (Tea Timer), resident is simply the program running in the background keeping your system secure.

Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ] New Topic Add Reply