It is currently 05/18/24 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: IE9
PostPosted: 09/16/10 11:08 am • # 1 
Editorialist

Has anyone d/l this one yet? What do you think? Will it work well with Vista? I sat through about 5 minutes of the intro page crap, then got bored lol.

PostPosted: 09/16/10 12:24 pm • # 2 
Administrator

Does it come pre-loaded with every exploit the hacker kiddies can think of? Image
I use Firefox and have no more use for IE.

PostPosted: 09/16/10 12:30 pm • # 3 
Administrator

I read a glowing review of IE9 earlier today and was ready to download the beta version ... until I read that it is designed to work with Windows 7 ~ it will work with Vista, altho some of its toys may not be available ~ but it will not work properly with XP ~ Image ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 09/16/10 1:06 pm • # 4 
Administrator

and was ready to download the beta version

Now don't you go astray on me, Sooz!

PostPosted: 09/16/10 1:08 pm • # 5 
IE9 is one of the first to start working with some of the new features included in HTML 5. This download is beta and the full version won't be out until later this year or early next year. I plan to download it after everyone else has "beta tested" the full release. The advantages this browser and others like it will be that it will use more of the computer's resources. When streaming video for example, instead of just the processor to decompile the data stream, it will also use the graphics resulting in steadier, higher resolution and smoother video. For developers, as HTML 5 kicks in, the process of developing a site will be much easier because a lot of the current HTML tags will be depricated in favour of simpler constructs. HTML 5 isn't fully underway yet so IE9 and others will still parse HTML 4.

I'll pass for now but I will probably use it in future.

PostPosted: 09/16/10 3:17 pm • # 6 
Editorialist

You said, 'parse'...... :P

PostPosted: 09/17/10 12:02 am • # 7 
parsably.

PostPosted: 09/17/10 12:48 pm • # 8 
Editorialist

Sidartha wrote:
IE9 is one of the first to start working with some of the new features included in HTML 5. This download is beta and the full version won't be out until later this year or early next year. I plan to download it after everyone else has "beta tested" the full release. The advantages this browser and others like it will be that it will use more of the computer's resources. When streaming video for example, instead of just the processor to decompile the data stream, it will also use the graphics resulting in steadier, higher resolution and smoother video. For developers, as HTML 5 kicks in, the process of developing a site will be much easier because a lot of the current HTML tags will be depricated in favour of simpler constructs. HTML 5 isn't fully underway yet so IE9 and others will still parse HTML 4.

I'll pass for now but I will probably use it in future.

That was my thought too. Pass for now on the Beta version. The video accelerator intrigued me.

Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ] New Topic Add Reply