It is currently 05/18/24 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Websites : )
PostPosted: 02/24/11 6:23 am • # 1 

Im wondering if anyone has any tips to creating your own website.. or links to creating websites that are free? Thanks greatly appreciated! Image 

April

PostPosted: 02/24/11 6:48 am • # 2 
Google is your friend... there are a lot of different sites that allow you to build/post web pages and some of them have administrator controls and/or templates etc. to get you started. Use Google to find them because I don't use them myself. Most of the sites offering this service place limits or restrictions on what you can or cannot do and then offer unlimited hosting for a price.

PostPosted: 02/24/11 6:59 am • # 3 
Sidartha wrote:
Google is your friend... there are a lot of different sites that allow you to build/post web pages and some of them have administrator controls and/or templates etc. to get you started. Use Google to find them because I don't use them myself. Most of the sites offering this service place limits or restrictions on what you can or cannot do and then offer unlimited hosting for a price.
(Edited)
Thanks Sid! okay I checked google...there are  MANY free available to choose from, and at this point and certifiably lost lol. Looking for something to post galleries, that will dispaly pics large and the best way possible. (im with flicker right now and don't use it much) and want something more personal, with lots of space. Willing to pay (as long as its not too much) but don't know where to start? Any further recommendations so appreciated!

PostPosted: 02/24/11 10:53 am • # 4 
This one is very popular: http://www.weebly.com/

PostPosted: 02/24/11 2:19 pm • # 5 
This is a very good place to learn the basics of web design and the fundamental coding behind it: http://www.htmlprimer.com/

It's a good idea to learn some HTML, CSS and other coding languages if you want to customize templates that are provided by your free host.

PostPosted: 02/24/11 5:59 pm • # 6 
Thanks so much Bro!Image I just saved your help link and will try website that you suggested. I have heard of "weebly" and good things about it, so will give it a try and post/send you the link too.
Cheers!

Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ] New Topic Add Reply