It is currently 05/02/24 6:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Windows 7 glitch?
PostPosted: 07/05/11 7:36 am • # 1 
Administrator

I have a very frustrated friend down the hall from me today ~ Cindy is working at home for the first time since 'upgrading' to Windows 7 ~ and for the first time ever, when she clicked to open the attachment her assistant sent to her for review, she got a message that she needed to copy the attachment to disk to open/read it ~ is that some setting in Windows 7? ~ the only work-around I could think of was to suggest that she have her assistant c/p the doc [as plain text] into an email ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 07/06/11 2:05 pm • # 2 
Editorialist

Is she using Outlook? Outlook Professional 2010? I've found that with XP users sometimes had to drag an attachment to the desktop, and then open it from within Word. This was usually when the sender had attached a document saved on a Vista or Windows 7 machine (.docx). The older versions of Outlook and Word couldn't open them without a translator. But Outlook Professional seems able to handle everything. You can designate Word as the program for opening email. Again, whether word can open everything depends on which version of Word it is.

Also, people would try to open attached files from the preview pane, and that didn't work... had to actually open the email first.

PostPosted: 07/06/11 2:23 pm • # 3 
Administrator

I don't know the answers to those questions, gramps ~ but I'll pass them along to her ~ thanks ~

Sooz

Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ] New Topic Add Reply