It is currently 06/24/24 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next   Page 10 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
 Post subject: Pet peeve(s) of the day
PostPosted: 08/04/11 1:42 pm • # 226 
Editorialist

a follow-up re: the girl who "has a job, you know!".  I left her a message that she could leave her check (made payable to our management company) in our mail slot and we would work out something with the key for the bike room. I could have delivered that to her unit under the door.
Soooooooo, she leaves cash in our mail slot. We do not accept cash. Ever. I returned the cash with a note in a sealed envelope. She leaves a voice mail "You can just forget about the bike rack. Try to give it to someone who has checks. Good luck with that!" in a very sarcastic tone.

ROFLMAO! It made my day to come in and hear that. Funny that we have 35 renters who pay by check. We have 168 units, out of which about 1/2 pay their condo fees by checks (we have auto debit for those too), and everyone else who rented a bike rack paid by check. She really needs to get over herself. Image Image

PostPosted: 08/05/11 1:03 am • # 227 
Editorialist

oooh, ooooh, even better now! I just realized this morning. I am almost positive that the above person is one who does not leash her dog. Since we are refurbishing the windows, we will probably find out when we get to her unit.

LOL! She'll be getting a letter from the management company and non-compliance means a monetary sanction. Good luck with that, bitch!

I'm so vindictive, rofl. Actually just doing my job, but it's satisfying when I can get a little pay back in the process. Image  It's not often we can do that, since we must always be polite and usually have no reason to be otherwise. The majority of people here are reasonable and nice. Image

PostPosted: 08/05/11 3:09 am • # 228 
Editorialist

I understand the problems of the managers and the contractors, Roseanne, especially after the spring and summer we had here.  It just seemed to me they could have narrowed the time frame for starting down to a week or so instead of "sometime in the distant future when the chicken entrails and the stars line-up and there's nothing good on tv." 

Inrteresting little factoid about your girl and her cash.  I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I were you because it's never enforced but did you know it is a criminal offence to refuse to accept cash in payment for any goods or services.  It's legal tender and the government worries they won't get their cut if anything else is used.

PostPosted: 08/05/11 3:41 am • # 229 
Editorialist

they could have narrowed the time frame for starting down to a week or so instead of "sometime in the distant future when the chicken entrails and the stars line-up and there's nothing good on tv." 

ROFL, you're probably right. However, that doesn't negate the fact that, had they started it, the rest of the work may have been delayed and your stuff would still be sitting inside for ages. Image We do try to communicate any long delays to our residents, if we have been given another start/finish date. I guess after five years in this business and a long time since our last vacation, I'm a tad cranky and tired of dealing with it all.

If I had told her the other choice was to take the money to the head office (wayyyyyy in the SE), she would have had a hissy fit anyway. I can refuse to take cash in this office. My two other properties had signs in the office stating that.  Besides, these are not considered goods or services, as such. There are no sales taxes assessed. ha!

PostPosted: 08/05/11 3:44 am • # 230 
Editorialist

Businesses can refuse cash in the US....lol....

Oh well. What has people confused is the notion that cash is “legal tender.â€

PostPosted: 08/05/11 3:51 am • # 231 
Editorialist

Jim, I don't understand why those contractors would go to such lengths to keep their schedule a mystery. If, as I assume, they're moving from one unit to another, there's a pattern and a rough schedule. Easy enough to let the next group on the schedule know they're next. Or am I missing something?

PostPosted: 08/05/11 4:31 am • # 232 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
Jim, I don't understand why those contractors would go to such lengths to keep their schedule a mystery. If, as I assume, they're moving from one unit to another, there's a pattern and a rough schedule. Easy enough to let the next group on the schedule know they're next. Or am I missing something?
I can answer that Chaos. It's not a mystery. It's weather and snafu dependent. It also depends on the contractors committment at other properties, which are also weather and snafu dependent. Domino effect. Believe me, I've been through it for two summers now. In reality, there is no schedule, as such. It's like having a "due date" when your pregnant, but delivering days or weeks later. Image

PostPosted: 08/05/11 4:40 am • # 233 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
Chaos333 wrote:
I can answer that Chaos. It's not a mystery. It's weather and snafu dependent. It also depends on the contractors committment at other properties, which are also weather and snafu dependent. Domino effect. Believe me, I've been through it for two summers now. In reality, there is no schedule, as such. It's like having a "due date" when your pregnant, but delivering days or weeks later. Image

I'ver been meaning to speak to the baby factory about that too.  Highly ineffecient if you ask me.  I think someone should put the contract out for tender.

PostPosted: 08/05/11 4:47 am • # 234 
Editorialist

[quote="Chaos333"]Businesses can refuse cash in the US....lol....

Oh well. What has people confused is the notion that cash is “legal tender.â€

PostPosted: 08/05/11 5:00 am • # 235 
Editorialist

You'll get no argument from me that contractors can be a nightmare to deal with. But surely they have some idea of where they're going and what they're doing from day to day, even if weather/snafus can interfere? How can they coordinate materials and labor otherwise? 
I just find it hard to imagine that nobody had any idea that was THE DAY Jim's balcony would be done until they started doing it. We're not talking about an ER! lol! 

PostPosted: 08/05/11 5:23 am • # 236 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
You'll get no argument from me that contractors can be a nightmare to deal with. But surely they have some idea of where they're going and what they're doing from day to day, even if weather/snafus can interfere? How can they coordinate materials and labor otherwise? 
I just find it hard to imagine that nobody had any idea that was THE DAY Jim's balcony would be done until they started doing it. We're not talking about an ER! lol! 
LOL "somebody" does know. Whether they relayed that to the manager is another question. As it is, if there is a delay, once they show up you don't send them away with "we must inform the tenants" claim. You let them get to work.Image  Just like that baby that finally decides to come. ha ha ha ha!  

PostPosted: 08/08/11 12:50 am • # 237 
Editorialist

I may have already posted this one. Oh well.

The way Canadians, especially news anchors, drop the word "the" and the "th" or "st" for street numbers drives me nuts.

"An accident happened on 6 street. One person was taken to hospital."

PostPosted: 08/08/11 2:32 am • # 238 
Editorialist

roseanne wrote:
I may have already posted this one. Oh well.

The way Canadians, especially news anchors, drop the word "the" and the "th" or "st" for street numbers drives me nuts.

"An accident happened on 6 street. One person was taken to hospital."

Maybe they do it because it really is "Six Street" rather than "Sixth".  I know that around here where the streets are all numbered, it's officially "200 St." or "96 Ave."  It's the people that call them 200th or 96th.  Call it "accuracy in reporting".  Fox would do it your way.  They don't care about accuracy.

PostPosted: 08/08/11 3:27 am • # 239 
Editorialist

Could be jim. The "the" thing bugs me more. lol

Another peeve, although it's more of being spoiled rotten Imagewith today's access to instant information etc.

I get aggrivated having to scroll back to the top of a very long page for things. Many sites have "go back to top of page" button or at least, like here, has the board listed at the bottom along with the name of the group for easy navigation back to the subject, board or page. Sheesh, can you imagine how impatient the children of today will be when they are my age? Image  Impatient and deaf too, lol. Eh?

PostPosted: 08/08/11 3:46 am • # 240 
If you're using a scroll mouse, click down on the wheel on any empty area of a web page. An "up / down" arrow appears. Moving your cursor above it scrolls the page Up - below it moves scrolls the page down. To clear the "up / down" arrow, just click with the left mouse button.

PostPosted: 08/08/11 4:51 am • # 241 
Editorialist

lol, I got out of the habit of doing that when my scroll wheel was broken and I waited a year+ to buy a new mouse. I'll get back to it eventually.

PostPosted: 08/08/11 11:41 am • # 242 
I have an 8 year-old PS2 ball and wheel mouse that I have "hacked" - I open it up and clean it out with toothpicks, rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs.

PostPosted: 08/08/11 12:14 pm • # 243 
Editorialist

LOL, my office paid for my new one. Image  Petty cash is a good thing. 

PostPosted: 08/20/11 12:02 pm • # 244 
Administrator

Sidartha wrote:
I have an 8 year-old PS2 ball and wheel mouse that I have "hacked" - I open it up and clean it out with toothpicks, rubbing alcohol and cotton swabs.
If you still have the original packaging you could make a fortune by auctioning it off on Ebay Antiques. Image

PostPosted: 08/20/11 12:09 pm • # 245 
Administrator

It drives me absolutely nuts reading posts from treasured posters who write "athiest". I don't know why it is just this word and "you're post" or "hear in Tampa" gives me just a chuckle.

PostPosted: 08/20/11 2:07 pm • # 246 
no room for typos and dyslexic days, eh, jabra?    Image

PostPosted: 08/20/11 2:34 pm • # 247 
jabra2 wrote:
Sidartha wrote:
If you still have the original packaging you could make a fortune by auctioning it off on Ebay Antiques. Image
It didn't come with any packaging. I got it out of a bargain bin.

PostPosted: 08/20/11 2:43 pm • # 248 
Administrator

jeannept wrote:
no room for typos and dyslexic days, eh, jabra?    Image
Plenty of room except for "athiesm"! Image

PostPosted: 08/23/11 7:11 am • # 249 
Editorialist

Jab's the spelling Nazi.

Ask him about irrefutably some time.Image

PostPosted: 08/29/11 7:37 am • # 250 
Editorialist

Cheezy "hold" music, especially when it's blaring! Image I am currently enjoying our electical company's version. I really think they hope it will drive you crazy enough to hang up. Image

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 23  Next   Page 10 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply