It is currently 06/25/24 10:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
 Post subject: From hope, to sadness
PostPosted: 07/12/12 4:40 pm • # 26 
Editorialist

Late, but I just saw this....posted 6 hours ago....Image

Got some great news-verdict came in ,Wilana Frazier was found guilty on both felony counts of animal cruelty, one count of felony child neglect--she was found not guilty on the 2nd felony charge of child neglect. Probably because the witness testimony seemed only to acknowledge one of the children was involve. She was led out of the court in handcuffs. Her lawyer tried to get a bond posted-so she could stay out while awaiting sentencing. State objected it, so judge denied it. Found out--she is pregnant again. So she will be sitting in jail until her sentencing on Aug.2nd, or possibly the 30th. Depending how long it takes to complete sentencing investigation.
Gotta say-Jason Smith, the prosecuting attorney, did a great job.
Well i guess 3 out of four charges was pretty good! Best part was watching her hauled out in cuffs. It is storming, so I gotta get off-Please spread the word!

PostPosted: 07/12/12 5:30 pm • # 27 
Editorialist

That's good news, Chaos.  Any idea what kind of penalties she could receive.  I'm actually surprised she has to wait in jail for her sentencing.  Up here the sentence - at least the jail part - probably wouldn't be that long.

PostPosted: 07/13/12 2:11 am • # 28 
Editorialist

"Up to 12 years" Jim, but I doubt she'll get that much.

PostPosted: 07/14/12 12:05 am • # 29 
Hope she gets the max.

PostPosted: 08/02/12 9:36 am • # 30 
Editorialist

Felicia Poquetteposted toLittle Dexter ~ A Little Heart Saved
5 hours ago ·

Well the verdict was in- she will be spending a year in jail-- even with good time she will be having her fifth child there, spending Thanksgiving , Christmas and New Years there. 5 years probation, restitution to be paid to Pets Luv- for Dexter's care. She will also have to take anger management class, pay prose
cutor back for trial, community service and get GED.
The judge was a jerk really- criticized us animal advocates, put down Dexter's Law-- was a real grandstanding jerk. He will not get my vote in November. They could not really give her prison time though, due to lack of points-prior offenses. I know we all wanted more but...she is definitely suffering and will continue to do so. Wilana Frazier looked awful, like a broken down person. Know she will not have any happy moments for a long time to come.

Not sure how I feel about it yet.

Today Wilana Frazier heard her sentence. She did not get anywhere near the maximum 12 years, but was instead sent to jail for 1 year. The year spent incarcerated will be followed by five years of probation, plus 100 hours of community service and a lifetime ban on owning a pet or living with someone who has a pet. Hernando County Circuit Judge Daniel B. Merritt Jr. called the crime abhorrent and drove home his point about the ban on animal ownership by saying Frazier would not even be allowed to have a pet rock. The court suggested that many of the community service hours be served cleaning out cages at an animal shelter but did not mandate it, saying it was dependent on whether a shelter would have her. 

PostPosted: 11/29/12 9:40 pm • # 31 
Editorialist

I just found this article, which elaborates a bit on what a jerk the judge was.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/news/2012/aug/ ... ar-450880/

PostPosted: 12/02/12 8:37 am • # 32 
Thanks for the update.

I had totally forgotten until I reread this thread about posting pictures of Pumkin. She had grown into a beautiful grey/white cat who loves to spend the days outdoors but loves the nights inside under a blanket. I will see if Courtney will take pictures with her camera so I can post.

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ] New Topic Add Reply