It is currently 09/28/24 3:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 36 posts ]
 Post subject: Okay, I need opinions
PostPosted: 02/16/12 4:09 pm • # 26 
Administrator

You're going to see a "last edited by Sooz" message in a couple of the above posts because I'm going to try to find what stretched the page ~ I am not changing any content ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/16/12 4:17 pm • # 27 
Editorialist

Thank you sooz...it looked just fine when I hit "post" then it showed up wiggy, and I didn't notice until later....???? I broke yuku. Image

PostPosted: 02/16/12 4:25 pm • # 28 
Administrator

It's strange, Chaos ~ it must be something within the coding of the two longer cut/paste jobs ~ but I couldn't find it ~ when I hit "edit", it DOES look okay in the "live" message window ~ but when I hit "save", it reverts to being stretched ~ maybe Jab or Sid will have a suggestion ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/16/12 4:37 pm • # 29 
Editorialist

Also strange that when I C&P from text that is all the same size, sometimes I have to do it one chunk at a time....and all the chunks come out in different font sizes once I hit "post". lol 
(Sorry for that sloppy look, folks.)

PostPosted: 02/17/12 6:53 am • # 30 
sooz08 wrote:
It's strange, Chaos ~ it must be something within the coding of the two longer cut/paste jobs ~ but I couldn't find it ~ when I hit "edit", it DOES look okay in the "live" message window ~ but when I hit "save", it reverts to being stretched ~ maybe Jab or Sid will have a suggestion ~

Sooz
Click the HTML button and strip out code - or - copy/paste the text into Notepad, then copy/paste from Notepad. That'll fix it!

PostPosted: 02/17/12 6:58 am • # 31 
Administrator

DUH on me, Sid ~ Image ~ thanks ~ I'm leaving shortly for a couple of hours but I'll play with it when I get home later ~

Sooz

PostPosted: 02/17/12 2:24 pm • # 32 
Administrator

sooz08 wrote:

DUH on me, Sid ~ Image ~ thanks ~ I'm leaving shortly for a couple of hours but I'll play with it when I get home later ~

Sooz

Fixed it, dear! Yes, I'm still alive, barely.

PostPosted: 02/17/12 2:32 pm • # 33 
Administrator

Thanks, Jab ~ but you're still in hot water ~ Image

Sooz

P.S. Glad you're okay ~

PostPosted: 02/17/12 3:21 pm • # 34 
Editorialist

Thanks, all. Someday I might understand such things....Image

So today I had a good long talk with the lead school psychologist about all this. "L" is a great guy, and we brainstormed some ways to make this "experiment" less traumatic and more controlled if they do decide to do it again. We spoke about the need for full disclosure to parents about what was planned, so they could opt their kids out if they feel it would be too traumatic. Maybe talk about it during back to school night in detail. *Mail* a letter home that fully outlines what is planned, require signed permission for participation.

I'd been thinking about it...and really, there should be a way for the "majority" kids to stand up for the "minority" kids, object to how they're being treated- and for that heroism to be recognized/rewarded/validated if they do. There should be a way for *any* of the kids who feel overwhelmed to wave a white flag, and have some time to cool off and decompress. Maybe short meetings throughout the day just to check in on how they're holding up. Surely the guidance counselor should be roaming the classrooms to look for signs of kids in too much distress. Also as an extra set of eyes and ears to nip any bullying on the spot.

Talked about how the shock value of the whole thing is really diminished once the kids switch sides, as those who were "majority" already know exactly what to expect. So maybe this doesn't even need to be a 2-day thing. A few hours on each side of the fence should get the point across without the all-day beat down. 

Anyway, it was a good 45 minute talk. I know *someone* heard me out, and I know "L" wasn't just blowing smoke up my skirt when he said he'd get involved and get the message across. He's also going to spend some time this weekend reading up on Jane Elliott. lol And he specifically said if kiddo would like to talk to him about it, all she has to do is say so. 

However, kiddo says she just wants to put the whole thing out of her head. She had to write an extra paper on why she stayed home on the second day. Hers said she "didn't want to have to treat her friends like garbage", among other things. I'm proud of that.

PostPosted: 02/25/12 8:29 am • # 35 
I don't know how I miised this earlier but after reading all this I do know that I would not have sent my child to school either. This is just wrong in so many ways.

PostPosted: 02/25/12 9:22 am • # 36 
Editorialist

You were hiding out trying to fight off that cold, Dee! 

Worth noting that kiddo says her teacher hasn't been harsh to her about any of this, though we don't have her essay back yet. That should be interesting. 

Go to page Previous  1, 2   Page 2 of 2   [ 36 posts ] New Topic Add Reply