It is currently 06/25/24 12:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next   Page 11 of 23   [ 565 posts ]
 Post subject: Pet peeve(s) of the day
PostPosted: 08/29/11 10:40 am • # 251 
"I really think they hope it will drive you crazy enough to hang up."

That's EXACTLY what they want.

PostPosted: 09/06/11 6:54 am • # 252 
Editorialist

Once again....kiddo comes home from the first day of school with a list of needed supplies. Really? You mean her teachers had no idea she would need a 3 subject spiral notebook or one inch 3 ring binder before NOW??? Image

PostPosted: 09/12/11 2:19 am • # 253 
Editorialist

I used to like the system my daughter's school used.  At the end of one school year parents had the option of giving the school fifty dollars.  The first day of the new school year, the kids went to the gym and picked up a plastic garbage bag containing all the supplies they need for that year. 

PostPosted: 09/12/11 5:00 am • # 254 
Editorialist

jimwilliam wrote:
I used to like the system my daughter's school used.  At the end of one school year parents had the option of giving the school fifty dollars.  The first day of the new school year, the kids went to the gym and picked up a plastic garbage bag containing all the supplies they need for that year. 
Great idea. In Alabama, the schools send a list to Walmart, who place multiple copies on a table at the front of the store in folders, separated by school and grade level. That usually happens early in August (there were there when we were) so that parents can grab a list and shop away. A brilliant idea! It generates business for Walmart because of the convenience and makes it less stressful on the parents. None of the "But, MOM! I'm sure I heard the teacher say that we need an Iphone for our class" Image An exaggeration, but still............kids will be kids.

PostPosted: 09/22/11 1:40 am • # 255 
Editorialist

Another rant, lol. People who do not leash their dogs when they walk them. There is an older lady who walks 2 dog on our property, usually on the perimeter. She doesn't live here. Last winter she "requested" that we tell our contractors to use different ice melt that wouldn't burn her dogs feet.Image First of all, she doesn't live here. Secondly, she has plenty of other areas/sidewalks to walk her dogs.
Recently, we've seen her come through our courtyard with the dogs off leash. We have had a hard enough time getting our own residents to use leashes, since we have such a large green space. It's an ongoing battle.

I really wish dog owners would realize that there are people who are actually afraid of dogs. Should their unleashed dog run up to one of those people, it would be traumatic for them. Also, one never knows when a dog will decide to bite when feeling threatened, no matter the breed and how "sweet" the dog is. If on the street, one never knows when the dog might spy a rabbit or squirrel and take off into traffic.  Besides, it's the law here.

I wish I could get a by-law officer to spend a couple of days at our property. He'd make a mint for the city. lol

PostPosted: 09/22/11 7:20 am • # 256 
Editorialist

Well, she can't live very far, roseanne. Go secret agent on her and follow 'em home so you can turn her in. That's not just rude, it's irresponsible.

So there I was....minding my own business...getting some chores done....bent down to get a better grip on the recliner to move it and WHAM!!! Smacked my forehead on the windowsill. I had a lump the size of a grape in short order...been icing it on and off all day. Still lumpy. Ouch. Image

PostPosted: 09/22/11 8:15 am • # 257 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
Well, she can't live very far, roseanne. Go secret agent on her and follow 'em home so you can turn her in. That's not just rude, it's irresponsible.

So there I was....minding my own business...getting some chores done....bent down to get a better grip on the recliner to move it and WHAM!!! Smacked my forehead on the windowsill. I had a lump the size of a grape in short order...been icing it on and off all day. Still lumpy. Ouch. Image
Damn that window sill for jumping out at you! Image  Sounds like my kind of "accident",lol. If it's there, I will bump it, run into it or trip over it.

Hubby says he's going to go the secret agent route next time we see her pass by. I'm really, really hoping she lives in the condos right next to us. They are the ones who found our office sign that had been ripped of and insisted that we pick it up off of their property, even after I told them they could throw it away. Trudged throught the damn snow to go pick it up, just to throw it away myself. The property manager is a cranky old snob.

If she does live there, they will get a nice email from me about the irresponsibility of their tenant.Image Image Image

PostPosted: 09/23/11 3:58 am • # 258 
Editorialist

It's raining, and I can't put a hat on because of the now-getting-colorful lump on my noggin. Image

PostPosted: 09/23/11 5:07 am • # 259 
Editorialist

How's the window sill doing?  It wasn't badly damaged I hope.

PostPosted: 09/23/11 8:34 am • # 260 
She trashed it with a hammer.

"Stupid window sill!"

BAM

"Stupid Stupid Stupid"

BAM BAM BAM

PostPosted: 09/23/11 9:28 am • # 261 
Editorialist

It is now official.  I hate the phone company, Telus, and I hate Shaw Cable.

Thank you.  Please carry on with your day.

(Oh!  I also hate my laptop.  Half the time, when I type something, it waits until I am finished and then unilaterally pops back to the previous page so that I lose what I've writen))

PostPosted: 09/23/11 9:37 am • # 262 
Editorialist

Chaos333 wrote:
It's raining, and I can't put a hat on because of the now-getting-colorful lump on my noggin. Image
That reminds me of when I was about 19 or so and went to a party. The Strawberry Daiquiris were flowing freely and we were waiting for someone before eating dinner, so one led to another to another.......

I was with my first hubby then. I got sick, so he followed me to the bathroom to hold my head for me (I was that drunk). I asked him for a wet washcloth so he let go of my head to get it. WHAM! Down I went, full force, forehead connecting with porcelain rim. I had to go to work the next morning. lol, a huge lump that got very colorful as time went on.

PostPosted: 09/26/11 12:19 am • # 263 
Editorialist

Aw....you had a much better story for your lump! All I have is stupid. LMAO!

PostPosted: 09/26/11 12:53 am • # 264 
Pet peeve.... I have a neighbor who likes to run his leaf blower at 7am every Monday morning. Grrrrrrr....

PostPosted: 09/26/11 1:28 am • # 265 
Editorialist

Grrrrrr indeed, Sid. Why? Are the leaves going somewhere at lunchtime?

PostPosted: 09/26/11 2:26 am • # 266 
Who knows? I have images of stuffing the damn thing up his butt and watching him puff up like a balloon.

GRRRRRRRR

PostPosted: 10/05/11 12:31 am • # 267 
Editorialist

My head is still tender where I smacked it.Image

PostPosted: 10/11/11 5:30 pm • # 268 
Editorialist

So I'm leaving Thursday to spend a couple of weeks in Florida.  Naturally, as soon as the Unions heard about it Air Canada called a strike to start.....yep.....Thursday.  To top everything off, I'm taking an early morning West Jet flight to Toronto where I switrch to Air Canada so I won't even know if the strike is on until I get there.  Grrrrrrr!!!!!!

PostPosted: 10/12/11 12:31 am • # 269 
Editorialist

Oh good grief, jim! WTH??

Isn't Air Canada going to have to come up with some sort of plan for their paying customers? Or do they expect everyone who bought a ticket to live at the airport? 

PostPosted: 10/12/11 1:44 am • # 270 
Editorialist

Our Aunt is suppose to leave friday for Montreal on Air Canada. I have a feeling the government will step in. Image Those sunny beaches are awaiting you. Enjoy!

OTTAWA — The federal government says it will be stepping in to prevent a strike by Air Canada flight attendants.

Labour Minister Lisa Raitt's office confirmed that she will refer the matter to the Canadian Industrial Labour Board on Wednesday.

That move would block strike action by the union, suspending any work stoppage long enough to buy the government time to pass back-to-work legislation.

PostPosted: 10/12/11 10:49 am • # 271 
Editorialist

Lisa Rait had better be careful.  She and the Conservatives might do something I approve of.....even if it is for selfish reasons.

PostPosted: 10/18/11 1:50 am • # 272 
Editorialist

About 6 weeks ago, I got a call from a charity asking for a donation. As usual, I told them to send me their information in the mail, so I can verify who they are and make sure they're legit. Since then, they have called me every day, sometimes multiple times a day. I kept telling them the same thing- I still don't have the information I requested. They wanted to make it "convenient" for me to donate over the phone. I made it perfectly clear that I would do NO SUCH THING.

Well, the packet finally got here on Friday. They called on Sat., again I told them I'd review the information. Again, they tried to get my $ over the phone. Again, I said NO.

Yesterday, they called at 8:38 AM, 9:37 AM, 1:26 PM and 3:02 PM. ( I recognized the # on caller ID). So when they called AGAIN shortly after 8 this morning to "remind" me, they got a little more than they bargained for.Image 

PostPosted: 10/18/11 2:06 am • # 273 
OMG... that's aggressive! I'd be more than a little pissed if that happened to me.

PostPosted: 10/18/11 8:24 am • # 274 
Editorialist

So when they called AGAIN shortly after 8 this morning to "remind" me, they got a little more than they bargained for.Image 

I assume you don't mean a large donation? ImageImage

PostPosted: 10/24/11 2:49 am • # 275 
Editorialist

Is it really too much to ask that a place of business, that relies on people arriving there to conduct business, be able to give someone directions over the phone?  No, I don't have a GPS, but if I did I'd already know how to find you using it. Duh-that's why I'm ASKING YOU FOR DIRECTIONS. You got there somehow this morning, right? 

Any office I ever worked in ( granted, back in the old days) had directions from several major roads written down, including silly details like street names and distances, turning right or left, even a few landmarks. I may not have known where you lived, but we both knew where the major highways were and I could guide you in from there. 

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 23  Next   Page 11 of 23   [ 565 posts ] New Topic Add Reply